035. "it was a long time since my firewall broke down"

Beginne am Anfang

That just didn't make any sense whatsoever.

"I-I get what you mean and all, but I can explain," said Harry sheepishly. "If you can trust anyone in this room about Sirius, you can trust me!"

Lucia spared Harry a wary glance.

"Because —"

Because it's due to Black betraying his parents and Harry went through things he shouldn't have to...

She examined around the room cautiously and noticed the sheepish looks on majority of the adults' faces, before she glanced over to Black gingerly. He was sipping his glass of wine with not one care in the world, sighing as though he'd been through this before. A lot.

Now that she was face to face with him, he didn't look as insane as he did on those posters, much less dangerous. He looked more like a bored dog... or an uncle that was already done with life as it is...

Not that she could blame him though.

Albeit scared still, Lucia complied with Harry's words and limped her hand back down. She closed her eyes, taking a moment to calm herself down before fluttering them back open, assuring herself that he wasn't going to outright murder her. However, taking precaution, she hid behind Harry swiftly.

"Understandable," nodded Black, sipping his wine.

Harry looked in between his godfather and Lucia wearily but was also glad that she wasn't going to scream bloody murder like she did prior. He glanced over his shoulder and saw her eyes still quivering.

"S-So, I see S-Sirius Black is h-here..." she started off. "And you... uh... you seem to know him, H-Harry..."

Harry nodded. "He's not a murderer." He said quickly, defending his godfather before any other accusation was shot.

Lucia eyed Harry, puzzled. Her eyes softened instantly, noticing the determine fire in his eyes. Then she thought, why would Harry lie about this?

He's right after all. If she couldn't trust anyone in the room of their opinion about Sirius Black, she could trust his, because at the end of the day, no child would hand around with someone that made a path toward their loving parents' death. There's no reason for that to be the case to begin with. And if he is telling her to trust Sirius Black through him, then she would.

She'll disregard all the assumptions she've heard throughout the Wizarding World... for now.

"Remember all the letter I got last year?" And Lucia nodded at this. "Well, he's the one that I've been writing to, and he's the one that's been writing back."

"W-Wait — what about when I caught you mailing ham for that dog of your? Is he real?" she asked, voice hurt.

It wasn't as though she felt betrayed by the fact that he, Ron, and Hermione hid this all from her, because what was she expecting them to do? Tell her that they're accomplices of the only person that had ever escaped Azkaban on his own without any help? Were they supposed to trust her immediately after just becoming close to her?

"Sirius is that dog," Harry told her nervously in a slow pace, not looking into her eyes, afraid to see the hurt look of hers. "Those food I snuck out a lot is for Sirius. He's on a run from Ministry, so him getting food is a bit of a hard task..."

"That time when you went to Hogsmeade without me... was that also to meet up with him...?"

Hesitantly, he nodded.

Lucia didn't say anything more, only looking back and forth from Harry and Sirius Black with an unreadable expression, which caused Harry to sweat in anxiety. He clenched his fist together, jaw tensing; Hermione's right back then and that they should've told her... he couldn't imagine how she's feeling right now. Probably betrayed? Deceived? He wouldn't be surprised if she decides to part way from them —