NOSHIKO: It wasn't the jar that trapped it-- it was where I buried it.

STILES: The Nemeton...

NOSHIKO: A place I don't know too much about.

KIRA: Who does?

STILES: Deaton. Deaton does.

ARGENT APARTMENT

ARGENT: I appreciate the concern, but you don't have to stay...

ARGENT: I'll be all right. I've dealt with this before. I have a capacity and... an ability to compartmentalize my emotions.

ISAAC: ...I don't.

BEACON COUNTY SHERIFF'S STATION

STILINSKI: Hey... We need to try to keep this quiet for as long as we can. Once the press finds out about this, they're gonna be all over those kids.

PARRISH: You want a squad car outside your house?

STILINSKI: Yeah, might be a good idea tonight...

DEREK'S LOFT

DEREK: Should be fine in a couple of hours-- unless whoever shot you manages to find you again.

AIDEN: Lydia's with Scott and Sam  . We need to go.

DEREK: You're gonna try to convince her to go with you?

AIDEN: I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide like any sane person would do.

DEREK: And Danny?

ETHAN: Allison's dead. Stiles is dying. What do you think?

DEREK: I think Danny won't believe you... And Lydia would never run and hide.

AIDEN: Because of Stiles?

DEREK: Because of Scott and Sam .

DEREK: You've been trying to find a way into their  pack. Trying to earn their  trust. Trying to fight for them . You've had it wrong this whole time. You don't fight for a leader-- you fight for a leader's cause.

" What cause?" Aiden asks.

"Scott's always been about one thing-- saving his friends just like Sam. They will do anything and everything to save the people they care about. When there's no chance of winning? They keep fighting. When all hope is lost? They find another way. And when they're beaten down, they stand up again. Do you want to earn a place in their pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight!" Derek exclaims.

BEACON HILLS ANIMAL CLINIC

SCOTT: Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped.

DEATON: The problem is, this isn't even a person you're fighting-- it just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human.

SAM : The shape of my Boyfriend.

LYDIA: Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?

DEATON: I don't know... This thing was trapped a long time ago before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore.

SCOTT: Is there anything that does?

DEATON: Possibly...

DEATON: When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare.

LYDIA: Wait a second-- powerful objects? Like an Alpha's claws?

DEATON: ...Which Alpha?

LYDIA: Talia Hale.