34. Step mom

⎯⎯

⎯⎯

"No way, Aunty! I am not going to the shopping mall with this cockroach.", Ae-Cha stood up from the couch as soon as Ayeong announced that Ae-Cha and Jungkook were going to the mall together.

"Excuse me. Who are you calling a-"

"Keep quiet, nincompoop. It's not about you.", Ae-Cha cut him off with a glare making Jungkook stare at her in shock and disbelief.

The audacity of this girl.

"But-"

"Better keep quiet, you father's son!", Ae-Cha growled, immediately shutting Beomgyu up.

"Aunty-", Ae-Cha started again as she turned towards Ayeong but stopped on seeing her staring at her with a pained expression on her face.

Letting out a sad sigh, Ayeong's eyes turned moist as she spoke in a devastated tone,

"Leave it, Ae-Cha. It's okay if you don't wanna go. It's okay if you don't wanna listen to me. I am your STEP mom in the end. Why would you listen to me? If you loved me then you would have listened to me but it's okay."

She sniffled softly before turning her head to the side. Beomgyu, who knew that his mom was blackmailing Ae-Cha emotionally joined in as he stood up. Wrapping his arms around her, he patted her head softly as he spoke,

"It's okay, mom. She doesn't consider us as her family. We were nothing but nice to her but that is not enough to get her love. It's okay."

Beomgyu discreetly looked at Jungkook and winked at him, informing him that they were acting. Jungkook noticed it as he smirked and joined both of them.

"It's okay, babe. I am sorry but you are her step mother in the end. She wouldn't love you. She wouldn't listen to you. Plus, she hates me...so....", He sighed as he shook his head out of sadness.

Ae-Cha felt a wave of guilt washing over her as she saw her step mom's tears.

Stepping forward, she wrapped her arms around her as she spoke softly,

"It's not like that. I..  I may not like that imbecile husband of yours but I love you. You have taken care of me for all these months just like a mother. I feel... I feel lucky to have you. You gave me the love of a mom. I don't consider you as my step mom. I consider you as mom... my mom."

Ayeong's lips curled up in a smile but she hid it as she again spoke,

"B..but why do you call me aunty then?"