17. Snake

⎯⎯

⎯⎯

Ae-Cha smiled, walking along the road as she admired the trees on its either sides, marking the boundary of the forest. The cool air made her euphoric as she felt lively. It had been so long since she had a walk like this. She was mostly busy with school work or assignments but today, she felt as if she was back to the good old days. Well, looks like the suspension wasn't a bad idea after all.

However, what the poor girl was unaware of was the fact that someone was following her sneakily, with its gaze fixed on her.

Ae-Cha smiled as another gush of cool, morning breeze hit her features but that smile didn't last long as she heard a snap from behind.

Her eyes shot open as she clenched her fists, getting ready for the worst case scenario. What could it be? Was a vampire following her? Did it want her blood? Should she run or fight? If it was a low grade vampire then it would not be a problem as Ae-Cha knew enough karate moves to take it down. If it was a middle class vampire then she would prefer to run because she wasn't that strong to combat it and if it was a high grade vampire then she would not only run but also yell prayers on her way as loudly as she could before jumping into a pond full of holy water.

Gulping down her saliva, she took a deep breath. Mustering up her courage, she slowly turned around. She could feel her heart hammering in her chest. However, a loud gasp escaped her lips when she saw the creature behind her.

A deep sigh of relief escaped her lips as she saw a small, white rabbit staring at her with big, twinkling, black eyes.

"You scared me, lil bunny.", Ae-Cha sighed before kneeling down. She placed her hand on its pure white fur and caressed it softly.

"You know? You remind me of someone.", Ae-Cha giggled as she realized that her father, too, looked like a bunny.

She smiled when the bunny's ears relaxed as it hung them low, liking her touch. Such a cute fluff ball!

"You are so cute ", Ae-Cha cooed as her heart melted at his actions.

However, she frowned when the bunny opened its eyes again. He started staring at her again but this time, it didn't have that shine in them. Instead, his eyes looked creepy.

Ae-Cha felt as if something was wrong. She furrowed her eyebrows as she slowly retracted her hand back. However, her eyes widened when she heard a voice from the bunny.

"Where are you going?", The bunny asked, staring at her intently.

Ae-Cha gasped as she fell back on her hip, stunned by what she had just witnessed. It didn't speak, did it?

Blinking her eyes several times, she brought her hand to her cheek and slapped herself lightly to check if she was dreaming but no, she wasn't.