Chapter 21 - A Mess in the Mansion

Start from the beginning

"Then I'll go ahead, my miss," Madeline said, and I nodded in understanding.

(Yes, I also need to go somewhere.)

After they left, I headed downstairs to the main lobby, craving a breath of fresh air.

(Off to the main lobby!!!)

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper, revealing a paper airplane I had crafted!

(Oh, the joy of when I was still a little kid, haha.)

Back when I was seven, I used to play like this all the time, with my real dad from the modern world picking me up after school.

He'd often scoop me up or give me piggyback rides, making cherished memories. I miss him and the carefree days of being that age.

"I'm a pilot! I'll be the captain!!!" I exclaimed happily as I played with my paper plane.

"Yay! Let's make it fly!" I cheered, sending my paper creation sailing down to the first floor. To my shock, it landed right in front of Mr. Bosworth, who was carrying a small tray.

(Oh no)

Quickly, I ducked out of sight, scrambling across the floor to make a swift getaway.

(I'm sorry, my lovely paper plane; I'll retrieve you later.)

I then headed off in another direction down the hallway, spotting a second staircase that led outside of the mansion.

Taking that way seemed like the best choice to stay away from Mr. Bosworth.

After making a bit of a mess with my paper plane in the main lobby, I realized I didn't expect Mr. Bosworth to be there. I was just having fun, not knowing he'd show up.

"Now that I've escaped, I'll just make a new paper plane next time," I said, before a great idea popped into my head.

(Or maybe... I'll make a kite!)

(Yes! Let's make a kite!)

"I'll need a few things to make a good kite," I thought, looking out the window and thinking about what I'd need for my new toy.

"The weather's so nice outside; seems perfect for flying a kite," I remarked, a smile lighting up my face.

"And to make a kite, I need a little help..." I said, spotting just the person I needed.

I made my way over to Mr. David, the gardener, confident he'd know where to find what I needed for my kite. I could've asked Mr. Bosworth, but... nah.

"Good morning!!!!!" I greeted cheerfully, watching Mr. David tend to the plants in the garden.

"Good morning, miss," Mr. David replied, returning my smile.

"Anything you need today, miss?" he asked, and I smiled back.

"Oh, I need to ask you for a favor," I said, grinning.

"What can I help you with, miss? If it's something I can manage, I'll gladly do it," Mr. David replied, smiling back.

"Well, I need some yarn, tape, a stick that's not too thick but still sturdy, scissors, a big piece of plastic or newspaper, and any kind of tape," I explained.

"And oh! I'll need some paint too, to make my toy colorful," I added, excitement shining in my eyes.

"Miss, may I ask why you need these things? If it's a toy you want, her grace can surely provide one for you," Mr. David inquired, but I shook my head.

"Mr. David, I really want to make a kite all by myself. Could you help me gather the materials, please? Pretty please? And please make sure Mr. Bosworth doesn't find out," I pleaded, flashing a hopeful smile.