xvii. 𝐢 𝐚𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Because he is so pale or because he drinks blood?" Corey blinked in questioning.

"Definitely the blood." Jude nodded sarcastically, flopping down on the couch as Corey's eyes widened in a panic.

"Im not gonna lie, it's gonna be bad." Lucas looked his way honestly. "Worse then the time that junior girl dumped her milkshake on Jude's head, after he tried to hit on her."

"Okay, no need for the bad memories." Jude shook his head quickly.

Mike yelled out, tossing his hands up in the air. Jude reached over, pulling his head to his chest as he patted his head. "There, there, angered boy. There, there."

"But, you can fix this." Lucas pointed out his way. "It's just one little mistake. I've made hundreds, thousands. Max has dumped me five times."

"And I have to hear about it every time." Corey confirmed with a shake of his head. "Made me feel bad for Lucas without even knowing Lucas."

"But what have I done? Huh? Have I despaired? No." Lucas stated, leaning down to Mikes level as he looked at his face smooshed onto Jude's chest. "I've marched back into battle, and i've won her back every single freaking time."

"How?" Mike sat up, Jude let him go.

"I'll show you." Lucad stated, turning to Jude. "And we need your good looks to do it."

"Im so glad i'm be littled just to my good looks." Jude hummed with a sarcastic look. "Truly, it's so comforting. Not like I have a brain or anything like that."

"Zombies." Corey confirmed with a snap of his fingers.

"Hey there, pretty woman." Jude leaned on the counter with a cheeky grin, greeting the sales woman. "These are some rock on bracelets you've got on display here."

"You like em?" she popped her gum. "Brand new."

"About a gorgeous as you." Jude gave a wink, nodding to the bracelets again. "How about you let me pay half price for those and we swing on down to that little diner on the 86, share a milkshake and i'll even pay for extra fries."

The girl stared at Jude. "Kid, i'm twenty-four. Shouldn't you be in school?"

She walked off, Jude scoffed. "It's summer time!"

"That didn't go well." Lucas confirmed as Corey pulled a bra off his eyes to look over. "No, no. I wouldn't look."

"Oh, you decided to give me another sho-" Jude starter, being cut off as he got an ice cream cone to the nose.

"Oh, shit." Mike cringed, shaking his head. "He hates strawberry too."

As he walked over, Will nodded. "How'd it go?"

"My nose is so cold." Jude whipped at his nose. "I'm pretty sure I inhaled a strawberry."

"Thanks for trying." Mike patted his back with an exhale, the group walking out of the store. "Let's just go."

"You can always give her one of my books." Jude suggested, Mikes arm tossed around his shoulders. "Put a little note in it. El would probably love Dracula."

"You think your dad can get us some free fries? I am in dying need of some fuel." Mike sighed dramatically.

Jude grinned. "We can ever put hot cheese on it."

"Isn't this a nice surprise." Max's voice rung, having the group of boys turn to see her and El walking over.

Jude's eyes widened. "El, has the government seen you?"

"The government?" Corey looked to Lucas for an answer.

"What are you doing here?" Mike dropped his bike to look at El in disbelief.

"Shopping." she said back, looking at Jude. "Your face."

"Ice cream up the nose." he nodded, shaking his head. "I don't recommend hitting on girls in their twenties."

"This is her new style." Max nodded to El. "What do you think?"

"What's wrong with you?" Mike looked at Max in disbelief. "You know she's not allowed to be here."

"What is she, your little pet?" Max gave a stupid look.

"Yeah. Am I your pet?" El said back.

Jude tried not to laugh. "Go on, Mike. Do what we practiced."

"You mean when you taught him the best way to hold hands?" Will asked curiously, getting shhed from Lucas.

"Why do you treat me like garbage?" El stared at Mike with a shake of her head. "You said Nana was sick."

"She is. She is sick." Mike nodded, looking to his friends.

"Yeah, sick-she's so sick!" Lucas came to his rescue.

"On her freaking death bed." Jude shook his head. "So sad, with so many wrinkles."

Corey looked oddly. "Who is Nana?"

"That's why we're here." Lucas continued.

"Yeah, we're shopping. For Nana." Mike nodded.

"For Nana!" Lucas agreed.

"Nana Banana." Jude gave a cheeky grin.

"Also, we're here to get a gift for you." Mike exhaled with a nod in El's direction. "Just, we couldn't find anything that suited you. And I only have, like, $3.50, so it's hard."

"Super hard." Lucas agreed. "It's-it's expensive."

"And I got a cone to the nose." Jude pointed out, rubbing his nose. "Inhaled a strawberry and everything."

"You lie." El stared at Mike. "Why do you lie?"

The bus screeched, making the two girls look back. Mike gave an innocent look as El walked forward. "I dump your ass!"

"Oh shit!" Jude called in shock.

"Come on, Corey." Max grabbed his wrist. "You don't wanna hang out with liars and unhumbled people."

"Oh, I know that was a jab at me, Maxine!" Jude called as she drug Corey off.

kylie speaks

the way mike and jude
are always yelling at
each other makes me
laugh so hard.

the way mike and jude are always yelling ateach other makes me laugh so hard