Chapter 10

Tyra Crow
...

Remy continues to wander the halls. Her dress bounces as she skips through joyfully. Though, not paying much attention, she is suddenly pulled back. "Ahh!" Shouts two voices simultaneously. Remy spins and the boy let's go.

"Oh- oh- Sorry! I'm sorry! Gosh, you were skipping and I didn't think you saw the stairs and I was afraid you'd fall down them and die- I mean not die! I mean get hurt, I wouldn't want you to die-" He covers his mouth tightly. His eyes are wide and his arms are close to himself. Remy blinks at him.

"Sorry.." He apologizes once more. He shifts and repositions the bandana that hides under his colorful mask and over his brown hair. The red headed girl takes a look behind her. Stairs lead down to another floor. Giving her attention back to the boy, she smiles.

"That's alright! A'm glad ya caught me when y' did!" She tells him. His body looses up and let's out a held breath of anxiety.

"Thank you. Also, I'm a bit lost.. Do you know where I am? Or where the main dance floor is?" The stranger questions. Remy thinks for a moment.

"Ah don't know. A' guess a'm a bit lost ma'self." She chuckles. The boy only blinks.

"You're really weird." He states honestly. It takes a moment for him to tense up again.

"Oh- I mean- Not like- bad weird! I mean, you're all red- I MEAN NOT LIKE RED RED, I've just never see someone who is both naturally tanned with red hair, and with green eyes, you're also a bit chubby, which is weird, you sound weird too, almost like an alien- BUT WAIT- NO- THATS NOT A- YOU'RE NOT-" He flips out, face turning red and fumbling over his sentences. Remy watches, before bursting out into laughter, which shuts him up. At the same time, his once pale skin is covered in an embarrassed shade of an even deeper red.

"Ya don't need to defend y'r self lake thet!" She reaches under her mask to wipe the tears away.

"A' know a'm weird! That's just part of mah charm." Remy flips her hair and smiles. The boy picks at his nails, still red in the face.

"A'm Remy Radio!" Radio introduces herself with a hand out.

"Rain. Rain Bowe. You have a nice name." Rain shakes her hand. His long sleeves were folded up to do so. In fact, his shirt seemed a bit big for the thin boy. A large blue peace sign was embroidered near the bottom left of it. Remy perks up.

"Oh, are you Alice's friend?" She asks. Rain tilts his head a bit before it clicks.

"Oh, yeah she's- I guess.. We're partners." He almost mumbles.

"She's looking for me?" He questions. The girl nods.

"Yeah, ah think ah know where she is! Follow me!" Remy smiles and takes the boy's hand. He looks down at it with a flustered expression, but allows himself to be pulled around by the girl. The two make their way down the stairs and take a few turns. Every so often, Remy turns to make sure Rain was still there, which he is.

"Bah the way, Alice said you looked gay." The red head mentions.

"Oh, she did?" Rain asks with an uncomfortable shift.

"Yeah, and ah wanna ask, what does that mean?" She tilts her head. The boy blinks a few times and stares at her.

"You don't know what gay means?" He questions. She shakes her head.

"No one's told you." He gives a blank expression.

"Nope." Remy shakes her head again.

"Is it another word foooorrr... Pretty?" She looks at him innocently. He looks away with a slight blush and let's go of her hand.