chapter 8: a cake to a boy's heart

I really have to make a schedule for updates but here is a very long chapter ....

As soon as possible...

And you were glad you did.

Right now,you were doing your best to hold on to the rope in your hands.The rough material was making your palms burn, skin in your hands was peeling off like the shedding of a chameleon.

You could feel the rope slowly becoming weaker with every torturous second that went by.You couldn't let go.If you did,Camilo would be in danger.

Camilo's body dangled in the air.The  rope you were currently grasping onto was tied to his torso making his upper body tilt forwards.

The next day after his birthday you immediately visited the Madrigal house in order to check up on Camilo and find out more about about the 'imposter'.

Little did you know,the second you got there,you were gonna have to save him from the dangers below him.

In the ground,right below where Camilo was dangling from,there was an inflatable pool with a crocodile circling inside of it.It's tail wiggling side to side in a menacing manner.If you let go, he would fall right into the crocodile's mouth.

Carlos bared his teeth from the spot he was standing in,distant from the  chaos.At first he bad been laughing with tears in his eyes,but now that he realised Camilo had actual chances of falling into the crocodile's mouth,slight panic overcame him.

Camilo yawned loudly,his whole body wiggled.You tightened your grip.The movement was only making it harder for you to hold on.If he made another movement,you would slip.

"Carlos !" You finally called out to the imposter "help!"

His eyes widen at the sound of his name.Carlos aimlessly looked around the room as if he was an innocent teenager who had nothing to do with the crocodile infront of him.

"Yeah right !" He jumped down from the platform he had been observing from and run towards you.

"You idiot!"  You groaned loudly and quickly pressed your hands in a different position to get a better hold of the rope.Any minute.You could loose hold of it any minute.

"Hey" Carlos stopped right infront of you and crossed his arms the second he heard what you said  "that's not very nice Y/n" he soflty whispered in your ear,emphasising on every letter of your name in a teasing tone.

He could help you pull the rope but he simply stood there and watched as you fought for Camilo's life.A smiled creeped across his face and he leaned closer to you so that your noses were almost touching.He was like an annoying bug getting in your way.He seemed to be enjoying every second of it "I will leave you to handle this one on your own "

"Shut up and help me!" You shouted to the top of your lungs.The desperation made your voice crack a little but you were too busy to care.

"Say please " he teased in a motherly tone.His fingers pressed together in a mocking manner.

"CARLOS!" The rope was becoming harder to hold onto.

All the shouting had woken up Camilo.He opened his eyelids slowly,blinking twice to adjust to the sudden light.

Not understanding what was going on,his eyes scanned the room trying to make sense of his position.

He was floating mid air.

Camilo screamed to the top of his lungs.The desperation only made him move around more,his whole body wiggling like a worm.

"No Camilo stop!" You begged.The rope was slipping away from your hands.There was no way you could save him.