chapter 7 :Carlos Madrigal

If he was attempting to do it again,this time you would surely stop it...

But to your surprise.It didn't happen.

"Hey "  he simply said as he approached the child.A forced smile across his face.The innocent child was about to run away when his eyes spotted the chameleon from under his ruana.

"This gift wasn't meant to be for me but look" he extended out the chameleon and to your surprise it was back to normal! Or almost,he had clearly wind it back together by himself.The head and the body of the chameleon were tightly attached together.

"Don't tell anyone but " he signalled with his finger for the kid to get closer.The kid innocently brought his ear to him and gasped as he revealed something  "I'm planning on putting it next to my other plushies"

The kid snorted and covered his mouth snickering as if he had been told a forbidden secret.

"Now go, there's a cake I gotta eat" he patted his back and watched as the child trotted away to his parents.A pleased smile creeped across his face.

"Woah" your voice caught his attention and stunned by the fact you were even approaching him,his eyes widen like plates before losing the excitement in them.

"Oh is the stalker" he announced, folding his arms "stalking me again?" He smirked.

"I didn't know you could sew" you raised both eyebrows with interest,slowly making your way next to him.

"Everyone can sew " he rolled his eyes and moved his neck side to side with attitude "is a basic need,and I was bored just sitting in that boring room"

"Is also a basic need to sleep with plushies you know?" You teased with a hand on your hip.

Realising you had heard everything, his face became red with embarrassment "Shut up" you heard him say underneath his breath.

The lights of the room deemed and everyone turned to look at who the single light was focusing on.
"Thanks to everyone for being here to celebrate a marvellous day" Alma caught everyone's attention from upstairs.Her smile was even heard from her joyful voice  "Camilo's birthday!"

Everyone clapped and cheered,some people even whistled the second the birthday boy's name was uttered.

Camilo emerged from behind Abuela. A little crown had been placed on him with the letters saying "happy birthday " and he wore a yellow cape with white,fluff surrounding the ends to finish the look.

He looked amazing.Your eyes shined as you stared at him,completely impressed by his new look.

Despite being exposed to a lot of people,he managed to make eye contact with you and with a gentle smile he quickly gave you a little wink.

Felix's were the loudest in the room.
"Venga Camilo!" He shouted with his hands around his hands mimicking a megaphone.Pure laughs of happiness grew louder in the room.

When Camilo came down,the lights were only on him.Music started playing and everyone waited for Camilo to pick a partner first.

Camilo wondered the room,holding his chin as if in deep thought.His eyes playfully darting on the people in the dance floor .He dramatically gave long steps side to side to create anticipation.

Everyone was quiet.Some people gasped in excitement when he would jokingly point at someone only to then turn the other way.It made you internally shake you head.They were all falling for his tricks.He would probably just do a solo, you thought.

Eventhough you were right behind him,when he turned around,he pretended he hadn't been aware of your presence.His legs giving a step back with surprise.