chapter 2 : who are you?

Your whole body was frozen and you were unable to make a move.
Something told you to run away.To escape the second you could...but there was something about him...something that felt strangely captivating.

"Camilo!" your eyes widen at the voice of who appeared to be Mirabel.

Like a serpent,the figure slithered away from you to hide himself under the main table in the kitchen.

"Where are you??" Her steps were gradually getting louder as she spoke."You absolute-"

"Mirabel!" As of instinct you jumped to hug her,blocking her vision in order to hide the criminal that was hiding in the kitchen. "is something wrong?" You awkwardly laughed,sweat coming out of your forehead.

"yes there is!" she furiously shoved some random pieces of cloth infront of your face as if that was the answer to her despair. " Camilo...he is the worst!" She clenched her face "he destroyed the gift that I had been making for weeks,he brutally tore it to pieces ,just look!"

It was a horrible sight.What you could only assumed had been a yellow ruana embroidered with symbols made by Mirabel was nothing but stripes of material in her hands.

"em...he ....probably didn't mean it?" It was hard to concentrate on what you were saying when the responsible one of the act was visible from where you were standing.His hands peeking from underneath his hiding place.

"Yes!...No! I mean...Camilo would never do that but ...." Mirabel struggled to say anything.With a shadow of melancholy hitting her face,the poor girl sighed loudly.
"I don't know...I will have to start my gift from the beginning!" and with her whole body flopping like a disconsolate soul, the teenager walked out of the kitchen in defeat.

"Camilo!" you glared the second she was out of your vision.

There was no way he was going to get away with this one.Mirabel's gifts were a treasure.Everyone knew how long she spent with them and the love and kindness she put into them.What was wrong with him?

" why would you do that? Mirabel loves making presents for you and- "

"Hey..." he rose from underneath the table, knocking his head as he came out,which made you bare you teeth at the sight of it.

It appeared to be more painful to you than him.He ignored it and rubbed his hands together with a grin as if plotting his next move.He was Camilo...or atleast that's what you though..he was pretty much the same apart from...

"wait..." you couldn't help but notice the way the boy infront of you was dressed...it was different. "You got a new ruana?" It was similar to his usual one but instead of yellow,a brownish red decorated all of it.

"eheh" the boy scoughed giving a little spin,with his arms extended like a little flying squirrel,showcasing his outfit.As he swirled,his reddish hair flew behind him...reddish...that wasn't Camilo's usual hair colour.

"What happened to your hair-" It was lighter and neater, a big chunk of it covering the left side of his face like a pirate patch.You would have definitely noticed when you walked in.Curiously,you extended a hand to it as if it were delicate treasure unseen to you before.

"NO TOUCHING!" he jumped away from you with his hands rigidly extended towards you in a fighting stance.

"mmm Cami,you have to apologise for what you did to your cousins..." you dismissed his strange behaviour to move onto the main point with a serious tone "and make sure to return Isabela's flowers,she is devastated about that"

He folded his arms and groaned,a dramatic eye roll visible on the exposed eye.He didn't appear too sympathetic about what he had done.

With a spin that almost made his ruana slap you straight in the face, he started to make his way around the kitchen,exploring his surroundings as if they were new to him with awe.His mouth opened wide and an innocent giggle echoes through the room at the sight of casita's moving tiles.