new part-time job, 01

you walked into the rented apartment feeling tired of all the work you did that day

you walked into the rented apartment feeling tired of all the work you did that day. your shoes neatly placed next to the doormat and your jacket hanging on the door knob. the sky was already dark as the light of the stars shone through the window.

you lived alone at 16, life wasn't easy for a teenager whose dad was in jail and a mom who was financially unstable. she left you in hyōgo as she went to live somewhere else in the countryside.

☁️

you wrote down the notes for your chemistry class. 02:00 am displayed on your clock as you yawned feeling tired of all the events going on in your life. just today you got fired from your part-time job at the café.

now you had to find another job to be able to pay off all of the incoming bills. even if your mom did send you a little sum of money every month, it would only be enough for school.

after twenty more minutes you closed your books before typing on your phone. the results for 'part-time jobs in hyōgo' appeared on the screen as your finger scrolled the page down.

korean barbecue -> waitress/waiter

you clicked on it reading the information written in the article. everything looked fine as you signed yourself in for an interview with the restaurant's manager.

☁️

you walked into the classroom seeing all the seats still empty. the birds were chirping outside as you took a seat on your assigned place. soon students came storming in, disturbing the silent atmosphere.

then more noise came but from outside of the building, the playground. there the volleyball team came walking like the kings of the school. kita walked in front as his other teammates were talking behind him.

the girls quickly surrounded them offering gifts, snacks and more. they were the pride of the school, no wonder everyone loved them so much. you turned your head back seeing most of your classmates gone. they must've ran outside to see the volleyball players.

"y/n!" a low voice called out for you. your eyes turned to the door seeing hiroto leaning on the door frame. "oh senpai, what are you doing here?" the boy walked towards you while shrugging his shoulders.

"just wanted to see my favourite kouhai" you smiled at his cheesiness. "your mom called me yesterday and told me to make sure you're doing fine" he said sitting down on the seat next to you. the boy looked outside of the window seeing the volleyball team there.

"you're not a big fan of them?" you shook your head taking one more look outside. "they're not that spectacular" hiroto patted your head before standing up again. "talk to me whenever you need to, alright?" you smiled and nodded at him.

☁️

finally school ended as you quickly made your way to the bus stop. you quickly entered the bus that just arrived before taking a window seat. you plugged your earphones in before shuffling the spotify playlist that you had downloaded.

after some time the bus stopped as you got off of the vehicle before rubbing your hands together due to the cold weather. the neon signs of the barbecue restaurant you were searching were brightly displayed in green.

you pushed the door open seeing some customers eating. "hello, welcome to mokkoji" the waiter greeted as you took out a piece of paper. "hi, i'm here for an interview with ms. sakamoto" the boy led you to the little office in the back where the manager was sitting.

"welcome, sit down" you sat in front of the middle-aged woman. "so you're l/n y/n right?" the manager began writing some stuff down. "yes" she typed onto her keyboard not once looking at you.

☁️

"you're hired"

❀✿

don't be shy
comment and vote
<3