[The Gods]

Hua Cheng seemed to be ignoring all. His full attention was focused on his lover, and he was caressing his face, his shoulders, his hands thirstily tracing down the curves of Xie Lian's body. He leaned in, pressing him to himself too tight, whispering:

- Beloved... In my arms... Finally, finally... My love...

Diànxià's  eyelids were drooping; he was sighing with pleasure  –  this closeness was always intoxicating.

- I have missed you... For so long... So long... So good... San Lang, so good... What can compare... Husband...

Charlie and Liam were watching them kiss, flushed, wondering whether this was what the two of them looked like to the people around them.

- Focus.  –  Charlie growled low.  –  Focus, assholes.

Dizzy with happiness, Hua Cheng pulled his Prince up and buried his smiling face in the nook of his neck, inhaling deeply. Xie Lian was swooning, and it was only with great effort that he turned his face towards the boys, murmuring:

- Are you finally ready to talk, Charlie?

- We are.  –  Charlie growled, vaguely aware that  –  to an outsider  –  he was just talking to his own reflection in the mirror, like a madman.

He shook his head and reminded himself to focus. His eyes slid and rolled, but he finally managed to fix them on the clock on the wall now  –  just when did an hour pass?!

- Does this mean you are ready to surrender? Finally?  –  Xie Lian's face beamed and he turned to face them more, but his eyelashes were fluttering, as the touch of his loved one all over his body felt too good. Hua Cheng was always so thirsty for him... it was the best possible feeling.

Charlie squeezed Liam's hand a little. He vaguely realized that this alone most probably took minutes to do. Time elongated {here/now},  just like a bubble gum.

- I...   -  he started.  –  I have come to realize that we really have no choice... And... And Liam seems to be fully OK with it... And... He is all that matters... really...  So... I was thinking... Perhaps...

Liam looked up at him, surprised. Charlie hadn't talked to him about this before  –  it was all new to him, whatever it was.

Hua Cheng also lifted his gaze sharply, glaring back at Charlie, frowning.

- I don't know, GeGe... It is either this boy has just thought about it; or it has been buried too deep in his sleeping mind.

Charlie blushed, trying to keep his eyes open  –  the exertion of his brain having to work on double frequencies was tremendous. And he knew he had to hurry; Liam would be falling asleep very soon for exactly the same reason.

- Listen... I was thinking... I will give it all up, but... Maybe you can do us a favor...  -  he bit his lips.

- Baby?  –  Liam squeezed him tighter in his embrace, worried.

- What is it, child? This reincarnation has been particularly difficult, mostly because of you!  –  Xie Lian's ringing laughter shook the room.

- Brats!  –  Hua Cheng growled.  –  I am still not too sure why you are showing them such a mercy, Diànxià!   –  he scowled.

The Prince turned his face towards him again, smiling gently.

- Because they remind me of you and me, more than usual. My love, how perfect are they? In this strange era, they are the perfect vessels! I'd rather wait a bit longer, but have a willing, strong body. Don't you?

[花怜 | HuaLian]: L.A. Stage Fright [TGCF Modern AU]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara