Chapter 14

The next morning, Nandini woke up and found herself sleeping on Manik's chest. He was half sitting up, and his head was resting against the wall. Nandini remembered bits and pieces of the night before and shuddered thinking what could have happened. Then she looked at Manik who looked uncomfortable and remembered him punching the guy like crazy and how he hugged her protectively.

Slowly she moved him down so he could sleep on the pillow then she went to get off the bed but at that moment Manik turned over in his sleep and placed his hand ontop of hers. Nandini felt sparks and a tingling feeling so she moved his hand and ran into the washroom to freshen up. Inside the washroom she just held her hand closely like it was precious and was blushing alot.

"Yeh ho kya raha hai mujhe?" Nandini thought to herself. She then took a  shower and quickly changed. By the time she got out, Manik was awake.

"Good morning. Tum thik ho?" Manik asked. Nandini just nodded. "Dont worry...that man will pay for what he did. Chodunga nahi main usse."

Nandini smiled.

"If you want, hum ghar jaldi jaa sakte hai. Im sure Mom will understand." Manik said.

"Nahi...its ok. Main thik hoon." Nandini told him.

"Ok....only if your 100% sure." Manik said.

"Haan...Im sure." 

Nandini & Manik spent the next few days sight seeing and enjoying themselves. Manik started seeing Nandini as a friend and was starting to get very protective of her while Nandini was falling more and more in love with him.

Finally after 2 weeks, Manik & Nandini returned home and everyone greeted them happily. Manik was so busy with his family that he didnt even think about Tanya. 

"Handsome Jiju! Aap mere liye kya laaye?" Pari asked.

"Pari..." Nandini gave her a stern look and Pari got sad.

"Arre...ignore your Didi. Tum mujhe puch rahe they na?" Manik pushed Nandini to the side and held his hands out. "Come here."

Pari ran over and Manik lifted her up. "Main apne Angel ke liye nahi wali dress leke aaya hoon. Princess wala dress!"

"Princess Elsa wala dress?!" Pari asked excitedly.

"Thats the one you asked for na? So of course....wahi leke aaya hoon." Manik replied. Nandini looked confused as she didnt remember him buying any dress. "Infact tum sab ne jo jo manga...I got everything."

All the kids cheered happily.

"Manik...when did you get all this?" Nandini whispered.

"Woh toh secret hai...tumhe kyun bataun?" Manik joked and Nandini playfully glared at him. Nandini's younger siblings, Jiya and Rohan started opening their gifts while Manik took one small box and walked over to Garv who was sitting to one side. "Tum ek hi ho...jisne koi mang nahi ki. You dont talk much, do you?"

Garv just shrugged, Manik chuckled and handed him the box. "Well...I still got you something. Hopefully tumhe acha lage."

Garv opened the box and was surprised to see some keys. Even Nandini was surprised.

"Manik...kya kiya tumne?"

"Bahar chalke dekh lo." They all went to teh driveway where there was a brand new motorcycle....a very very expensive motorcycle.

"Oh my god....Jiju, did you seriously get me this?" Garv asked happily.

"Manik...itna mehenga bike?" Nandini asked.

"Yeah...so? Tumhe ne bataya tha na ki Garv ki purani bike kabhi kabhi band par jaata hai...and I mean, woh college jaata hai so he needs a bike. Garv, you can sell the old one and yeh tumhara hai."