Episode 3 - The loss of a friend

Start from the beginning

“Shit.” Cheongsan cursed as the people behind him stepped away from Gyeongsu in fear. “What’s wrong with you? It’s not true.”

“Get rid of him. Get rid of him now!” Nayeon shouted as she pushed Joonyeong forward.

“No, I wasn’t …” Gyeongsu said, walking toward the group. Onjo screamed in surprise as they stepped away from the boy while Cheongsan remained frozen on his spot.

On the other side of the room, Areum, Suhyeok, Namra as well as Daesu watched in sadness as they were unable to help the bleeding while the others were distancing away from him in fear.

“Gyeongsu. Stay where you are.” Onjo begged. “Stay back.”

“I’m fucking swear I’m not!” Gyeongsu shouted after seeing his English teacher and friends put some distance from him in fear. 

“I’m sorry, Gyeonsu.” Onjo breathed shakily as she stared at her friend. “Please stay back.”

“I’ve turned, right? Cheongsan-ah, what do I do?” Gyeongsu said in a quivering voice as tears started to fill his eyes. 

“No, no. This doesn’t make any sense. Areum doesn’t turn into a zombie after getting scratch from Hyeonju. So, you shouldn’t either. Why would you…” Cheongsan muttered as his mind could not process properly. 

‘Nayeon wiped the zombie blood on his scratch’ Areum thoughted.

She desperately wanted to tell him that however Namra could read her close friend like an open book, shook her head, silently pleaded with her not to do it.. Out of nowhere, Onjo tried to grab Cheongsan’s hand and pulled him away from Gyeongsu before he completely turned into a zombie. 

“Let go.” Cheongsan urged as he pulled his wrist off Onjo with strong force. “This cannot be true. Why would you suddenly…” Cheongsan cried.

“No, no. Gyeongsu, you weren’t …” Cheongsan tried to comfort his best friend after shaking his head in denial, taking a few steps toward the bleeding boy.

“Stay away! Don’t come any closer!” Gyeongsu yelled as he pushed Cheongsan away. Both Areum and Suhyeok watched the boy begin to growl as his bones made some crunching sound. Suhyeok quickly moved his gaze away as he was unable to watch one of his close friends turn into a zombie while Daesu silently cried behind him. The girls behind them watched with sorrow as Areum held her tears, not wanting her other friends to turn into a zombie after losing one friend.

“What are you guys doing? We need to kick him out” Nayeon claimed after seeing no one doing anything. “ We’re all gonna die!”

“What’s happening…Fuck.” Gyeongsu mumbled to himself as he staggering in the corner of the room while putting both of his hands on his head due to the sudden loudness.

“Get out. I said get out immediately!” Nayeon shouted after taking the tripod stand off the entrance door.

“Shut the fuck up! I’ll leave by myself.” The bleeding boy frantically yelled. 

“I’ll leave. I’ll go on my own. Why would I bite you? We’re supposed to be fucking friends. We’re friends.” Gyeongsu sobbed as he looked at everyone. “If I…If I leave, it will be better for everyone.”

Feeling tears come down on her face, Areum moved her gaze from him as she was unable to look at Gyeongsu suffering alone. The English teacher went near the boy and started to comfort him in any way she could come up with. “Gyeongsu-yah…why don’t you just go back into the recording room until we can figure out…”

“If he stays in here, he’s gonna kill us all.” Nayeon interrupted, making the teacher shout in anger.

“Lee Nayeon!”