Chapter 15- First Day Blues

"What if everybody hates me?" I asked Jonathan nervously as we backed out of his garage.

It was my first day working at the almighty Stiller Incorporated and to say I was nervous would be the understatement of the entire year.

He chuckled, "Nobody could hate you."

"I beg to differ!"

"Yeah, you're right – people do have a tendency to hate you," He agreed.

I turned and gave him a glare. "Thanks, I appreciate it."

He shrugged as a reply and we drove in silence for a few more moments before Jonathan rested his hand that was closest to me on my upper thigh.

"You're going to be fine darling," He assured, "And if anybody disagrees they'll have to answer directly to me."

I groaned, "I don't want you to have to be fighting my battles for me, Jonathan. I want it to be regular for me where I get to make my own friends and hate the people that talk about my friend and I like in every other office."

"But then I don't get to warn people against messing with you," He pouted.

I rolled my eyes even though I wanted to hop out the car and start doing a happy dance on the roof because his hand was still pressed firmly to my thigh as he drove.

But, of course, I couldn't do that – he'd think I'm more insane than he already does.

"Better yet, how about you pretend you don't know me?" I offered. "I'm just a regular girl that got hired to work at Stiller Incorporated and not a girl that is dating her boss."

"Regular girls don't get hired and automatically become head of a department," He pointed out. "Plus, it's going to be hard to pretend like I don't know you when you're wearing that tight skirt." He briefly looked down at my short, black, pencil skirt before focusing his eyes back on the road.

"I thought it looked nice with my top." I pouted slightly, pulling down the skirt as if it would magically make it longer. When I picked out my outfit last night, with Jonathan's approval and objections, of course, I decided on a white blouse, black dress pants, and some black peep-toe heels.

He wasn't exactly ecstatic when I made my way down the stairs in my skirt instead of the pants he picked out that practically dragged on the floor and fit me loosely.

"You look beautiful," He insisted, "But I liked the pants better."

I shrugged, not going to get into a disagreement with him over what covered my legs or what wasn't covering my legs.

We rode in silence for a few more minutes with me picking at my nails anxiously.

I was seriously worried about this. What if they didn't like me? What if that person that didn't like me decided they were going to poison my food? Oh god, what if I ended up dying? What if I-

"We're here," Jonathan announced.

I looked up at the giant glass building in awe–it had to be at least 100 stories! Jonathan chuckled beside me, most likely at the fascinated look on my face as I attempted to count the floors the building had.

Before I knew it, we had driven through the large gates that led into the parking garage and dear ol' Johnny boy was parking his fancy black car in a special spot.

"Here goes nothing," I mumbled as I got out of the car.

~*~*~

I muttered a string of profanities as I looked up at the clock in Jonathan's office.