Training Gone Wrong

I walked out of the hall, to the garden where the healers were. That's when I saw Jean, and I smiled. Jean saw me, "I see you are better." She said. I gave her a hug.

"Yes, feeling much better. Jean, when are we going to start training again?" I asked.

"We can start now if you feel up to it." I nodded, "Okay, then... Why don't we start on blending in with your surroundings. I see you are wearing your gear. Very good, and why don't we go down to the training yard."

I followed her to the training yard, men and tigers were practicing, some of them stared at us. We walked deeper into the wooded area.

"Okay, blending in with nature is very easy. Since you are a healer of tigers, you can bring out the tiger that's inside of you. You will get some traits of the tiger, like heightened eye sight, smell, and stalking. You will have to trigger your tiger side, you will feel this when it happens. It will feel like when your healing someone, it rushes through you. Soon, you will be able to combine all these together and control them. I think your proctetive side is coming from the tiger inside of you. Because Daniel has somewhat the same problem with you."

I looked up at her, "What do you... wait are you saying..." She just stared at me, smiling.

"You know what I mean. Continuing, let's get you into blending." I sighed, "I need you to picture yourself turning into a tiger, but just having the senses of one."

I thought of Daniel and how he becomes a tiger, I felt my body changing. I could hear the creatures, smell their scent. I slowly opened my eyes. I was surprised that they could see the same things as humans do. Except it was much clearer and a little more heightened to catch prey.

I looked over at Jean, I could smell the clover like scent she wore. I also saw she was tired and scared.

But I watched as she realized I was looking at her, she changed to a happy face. "Okay, Eve. Since you have un-locked this gift. You need to practice with it. Try shoving away this power to hide the power." I slowly relaxed and felt myself change back to normal.

I opened my eyes, "How am I going to practice?" I asked, Jean.

"We are going to go get some tigers to help you with that." I followed Jean back to the training yard. She whistled really loud and all the men stared at us.

That's when Daniel, Eric, and my brother's Aaron and James along with them. They stopped walking and realized that everyone was quiet and staring at us.

"You four come with us!" She said, pointing at them. I smiled at all of them, and followed Jean back to the are we were just at.

We made it back, "Boys, I need you to help Evangeline with her training. She is learning how to use her tiger senses. Evangeline is going to go hide somewhere. She will be waiting. The others will have to stop her from getting to me, but you can only be in tiger form. I will give you one extra gift. You may changed into man once throughout the game. So, you all get the game?" We all nodded our heads.

"Then begin, Evangeline go deep into the woods for about twenty seconds. Don't mark any paths. I will be watching you all. Good luck to you all!" I nodded my head, and walked into the deepest part.

It was dark and cold. I made myself change into the tiger, but this time it was different. Pain shot through me, I screamed of the pain. I heard the popping of my body changing. I finally passed out...