Bonding Time With Father

I ran after her, I didn't know where she was going. I knew something must have been wrong. Eric and I ran down the path, we followed her by using our tiger noses. I saw the smoke in the air, and the smell of smoke. We made it to an area where a couple of houses were on fire.

I saw Eve jump off her horse, and run into one of the burning houses. I yelled her name, and I was about to go after her when I heard Eric growl at me not too. I changed into myself and started to help the people put out the fire.

I was throwing water around the doorway to keep it cleared. I saw her coming toward me, a little boy was in her arms. I heard the building coming down. I yelled to her, I saw her run back to the other way, and then I couldn't see her anymore. I put all my strength into getting the fire out. After, a couple of hours, the fire finally died out.

Nothing was left of the house, except big piles of wood were the rooms had collapsed. I sat down in shock, she was gone. I didn't even get to say anything to her, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Eric was staring down at me and telling me we needed to get back to the castle.

I slowly stood up and changed into my tiger. We walked to the road, when I heard the tiniest voice. I looked back at the piles of wood, that's when I heard it again. I ran over to the pile of wood and started to dig through it. I felt Eric next to me, helping me. I looked down and saw the little boy, and I grabbed him with my teeth, gently.

I changed, realizing he was still awake.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He nodded, when I saw a women come running toward us. I let the boy run to his mother. I heard Eric huff at me, that's when I saw him pulling Eve out. I grabbed her and pulled her the rest of the way out. I looked her over.

Eric changed back, I lowered my head to her mouth, she was barely breathing. I felt her pulse it was very weak. I heard Eric say my name, and I looked behind me. I saw Jean and the other healers coming toward us on horses.

"Let us take her, dear. She is safe with us." I lifted her up on the make shift blanket between the horses. Eric and I watched them ride down the road.

Soon after I changed into my tiger, growling in anger. We then slowly followed behind them. By the time we made it to the medic hall, they had already token care of her. I left Eric and made my way to see her. I found out what room she was resting in. Jean was sitting in one of the chairs next to the bed. Eve, I could her breathing was back to normal.

I looked over at Jean, "Is she going to be okay?" Jean stood up, "I think so, she used up a lot of energy into saving the child. I think she was only be out for a couple of days. Now, I must go. If she awakes before a week. Tell her I have gone somewhere for the King. Also, that your mother is her mentor for now, while I am gone."

I nodded my head, understanding her words. "I will tell her. Please have a safe journey." I said.

Jean left, shutting the door. I took the chair she was just sitting in to watch over Eve. I awoke the next morning to my mother, knocking on the door quietly. I looked up at her, and smiled.

"Son, you need to get some sleep. Remember you are still the Prince and that means you have to help your father. I will watch over her will you are gone." I stood up, "Thank you! I better get changed. Do you have any idea what I'm doing with father?" I asked.

She just smiled, "It is something you will hopefully like." She then nudged me out the door, shutting it.

I walked down the hall and to my room. I went into my room, changing out of my smoky clothes and into something comfortable. A gray shirt and jeans, with my combat boots. Running a hand through my brown hair has I walked toward the library. I found my father, reading a book.

I also found Eric there, siting next to him looking into the crackling fire. Father put down his book, when I walked in. He then stood, smiling at both of us.

"Today is a special! I am taking you both to the Tiger Hunt. You both have grown up and are ready to come with me. Come we are going now." He told us.

He clapped his hands, suddenly we were standing in the middle of the games. We followed out father to an area that was crowded with people. Everyone was yelling, he lead us to where people were buying tickets.

"This is the gambling hall, where you can buy bet your money on the racers. Who you think are going to win." My father bought some tickets and then lead us to a private sitting area for us. I sat down, and looked down at the track. The Tiger Hunt was like horse racing, but you had obstacles in their way. Booby traps were all over the track, some of the traps could kill someone. I saw the tigers getting ready to start the race, some of the tigers were wearing armor to protect themselves. All of them looked ready to go, ready to give their best to win. A bell went off, all the tigers were now running down the track to get to the finish line alive...

I saw one of the tigers get stuck in a hidden sand pit. I heard the yowl of his pan reach me. Another tiger, one that armor was pushing himself through thorns. Soon the race finished, and father had went to collect his money.

Eric and I followed him, "Here you both go, some extra cash to spend on something. I have to get back to the castle for a meeting. If you want you can come back to the castle or stay." He said.

"I think I'm going to stay." I said.

Eric had decided to go with father. I used my money to beat on another tiger, and he had won the next race. My money had now doubled, and I knew I didn't need it. I walked out of there. I then changed into my tiger, making my way to the family who had lost their home from the fire. I knocked on one of the other houses next to the burned down one.

The woman who had the son opened the door. "Hello."

I smiled, "Hello, I helped with the fire the other day. I came here to give you this and to see if you need any help building your house." She reached out and took the envelope with the money. When she saw what was in it, she gasped with tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Thank you so much! You are an angel, what is your name?" She asked.

"It doesn't matter what my name is. I am just someone who cares. Please just let me know if you need any help building when the time comes." She looked up at me confused, "Where will I send you a letter."

I thought about it for a minutes, "Send it to the castle, a pigeon message. So I will know it is you." I told her.

"Okay, and thank you again for this." I smiled at her. I then left, changing...

I ran back to the castle, and I went to see Eve. I walked and found mother sleeping in the chair. Jinger and Adde were tiger cubs playing with each other on the floor. They stopped when they saw me come in. I quietly laughed at them.

They changed and ran over, giving me a hug. "What are you guys doing?" I asked them.

"We wanted to keep mommy company. But then she fell asleep so we stayed to keep an eye on both of them." Adde said.

"You guys are good girls! Why don't tomorrow I spend the whole day with you." I told them.

"Yeah!!" They squealed. I tried to quiet them down, looking at my mother. She was looking over at us with a smiled on her face.

"Sorry, we woke you mommy." Jinger said.

She stood up, "Well we ladies better be going to bed." She gave me a kiss on the cheek. All of them then left, and I sat down in the chair with a big sigh. I looked down at her beautiful face, full of freckles.

"I wish you would awake so I would know you are okay." I said and gave her a kiss on her forehead. I then brushed her away from her face. I knew I was getting closer to her even though she was sleeping. I started the fire in the room, I watched as it crackled under the heat. I soon fell asleep to Evangeline's breathing...