Not Enough time

It was a busy day for a certain woman. (Y/n) (L/n). Her deadline was in thirty minutes and her boss had told her about the project and hour ago. No time...

30

She clicked away, looking for specific images to bring in the viewers.

28

She thought of ways to shorten the headers.

26

She began the fifth paragraph. She sweat-dropped, she needed five more.

24

She finished the small paragraph as she began searching more sources.

22

She had four more to go.

20

More searching.

18

More writing

16

She finished the sixth paragraph.

14

More writing.

12

More typing

10

She had two more to go.

8

more typing away.

6

At this point she was rushing

4

There was no way she could finish the last one

2

She started the last paragraph but she kept it as a single sentence.

0

She saved her work and began making her way to her boss. She worked for a marketing company and the project was a power point on the many ways they could improve her company. (Y/n) set the USB down on her boss's desk notifying him of the finished project. He acknowledged it as she left the room. The woman sighed, it wasn't the first time he had given her a project last minute. Half the time, the projects were his job but he didn't want to do them.

It had been an hour since she turned in the project, (Y/n) had just finished her work and was packing up to leave. "Um. (Y/n)?" The mentioned woman gave her attention to the secretary. "Yes?" "The boss wants to see you..." (Y/n) nodded and began her trek to her boss's office. It was like time went in slow motion.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" The girl asked as she entered his office. "(Y/n), this is the fifth time you have given me a shitty project." "But sir, you do not give me enough time to work on them." The man scoffed. "So you're telling me it's my fault that you can't do your job correctly?!" He slammed his hands on his desk. "You're fired! I want you out of this place now!"

-------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) lowered her had as she walked the dark streets. What was she going to do now? It took forever to get her position and she had lost it so easily. As she walked, a bright light had caught her attention. Happy trails bar? She shrugged her shoulders as she enter the quant building. Old timey music softly played as a few patrons sat at booth. The bartender seemed surprised at her entrance but continued to clean glasses. (Y/n) sat at the bar and asked for a vodka martini. The bartender nodded, making her drink.

(Y/n) began visiting this bar frequently, the patrons were practically always there and went to her for advice. She happily gave them advice but she usually stayed to her self.