Reconciliation

A/N: The chapter is emotional as you all reconcile. 18+ towards the end but, nothing crazy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After going back to the Rengoku household for some reason everyone agreed for you to stay with Tengen. Even Shinjuro. What a traitor.

"Don't give me that look darling, I know what I said." He gave you a grin ignoring your half playful, half serious indignant look. 

"Why do you think it was a good idea to stay with them?" You weren't mad per se about having to stay with them. You had no problem with Hinatsuru, Suma, and Tengen. It was Makio. You were not in the mood to bump heads with her and, she made the least amount of contact out of all of them. You knew how headstrong she was but, come on. Is she serious? 

"Because they love you and, you love them. Yes, you have your differences. Yes, they hurt you but, you truly have forgiven them enough even if you refuse to admit it out loud. Just admit it to yourself." Your mouth opened and, closed a few times trying to come up with a rebuttal but, you had none. For once you were silent. He was right. You were in love with them. It never did go away but, you were just so hurt by them. Yes, your lack of communication is partially to blame but, why did you have to communicate the neglect when they could have and, should have noticed your absence from the activities they engaged in?

"Do you think I gave them enough time?" You wanted a little guidance. You were young but, Shinjuro had more experience. Plus you loved him like a father. He turned to you beckoning you to come in for a hug. You did. He had an arm around your shoulders in a tight hug

"Only your heart can tell you. Even though we both know the answer." You sighed burying yourself more in his embrace. He was right. You did know the answer. You did love him. You loved all of them. You always have. Maybe by you living with them again can be the final push that all of you needed. 

"I am so not looking forward to crying." The two of you shared a laugh at that pulling away. He looked at you fondly patting your head, before just resting his hand there, comforting you in a way.

"That's what happens when you love someone or people in your case. You will laugh, cry, be sad, angry, disappointed, smile, and everything else under the sun. Love is not for the weak. It is for the strong. Only someone who has or is in love can truly understand and, appreciate the sacrifices one makes for each other." He poked you in the forehead letting his hand drift back to his side "I think this is exactly the push all five of you need to talk, to bond, to do whatever it is that needs to be done so you guys can be whole again." You looked at the man in awe. He was so different than who he was months ago. He has changed. The old, original Shinjuro was back for good.

"You truly are an amazing father." You smiled at his stunned look. "I hope I'll be back with good news to tell you, dad." You winked at him turning around to exit his room to go with Kyo. If you had turned back around you would have seen him wiping at his eyes with a soft smile. 

"I enjoyed your stay here! But, I guess it's time to be reunited with your beloveds! Don't be a stranger though. Our dad will be very upset." He smirked at you winking with his one good eye left. So he had heard you. Flustered that he heard you, you punched his arm forcing a hearty laugh out of him. It was nice. He had a nice laugh. 

"Y/N you're ready to go?" Hugging Kyo - Senjuro got one from you in the morning before he left for school- and, with a wave from everyone you were on Tengen's back and, the five you were walking back to the Estate. Your old home. It was going to be a long walk. You gave a breath getting comfy leaning against Tengen completely missing how his face lit up along with the women.