Conflict

The date didn't happen right away since he ended up sending Makio, Hina, and Suma on missions to the Entertainment District. It was to investigate the disappearances of Oiran and clients alike. You were worried about their safety but, you knew he wouldn't put them in unnecessary danger. Back to the date though...

 You were right. The walk towards the pond by the flower field was as peaceful and, beautiful as you imagined. Tengen wasn't boisterous the whole time, he got excited here and, there as is his nature but, overall he allowed you to talk and have control of the conversations. It was nice. A drastic change from his usual demeanor around you. A pleasant and accepted one too. The two of you went to eat before at a meat marketplace where they had grilled lamb, chicken, and pig just different meats with rice or noodles with sauces. You both got the same meat but, you got noodles instead of rice like he did. Once the two of you ate that's when you guys made it to the flower field. 

"I hope they are alright." You couldn't help but, worry a little bit about them. Would they be forced to take on clients? Would they have to do things they didn't need nor want to do? Will they get beaten or found out and captured? You stopped your mental ramblings at the feel of a hand on top of your head

"They are very capable Kunoichi. I would not have sent them if I truly believed they would be in danger! Besides they send me letters every day and if they go more than 3 days without any communication, I am going to go get them." You nodded your head glad that he had a solid plan to get them. However, he can't exactly go in there empty-handed...

"Wouldn't you need to borrow three girls to get in? Or to at least be able to look for them?" He hummed a bit before smiling down at you.

"Don't worry about that! I know where to get 3 capable young women to help me get in there. Now's not the time to think about all the what if's. This time is for you and me." Just like that, the conversation shifted to the two of you taking a stroll through the park-like area to make it to the pond with all the flowers. You really wanted to make that flower crown. The two of you idly chatted finally making it to the pond on time. The flowers were in full bloom with an array of colors on full display. You were in heaven just observing.

"Can we just watch first? Or pick flowers?" You were conflicted feeling the amused look Tengen was giving you as you were at war with what you wanted to do first. Throwing caution to the wind you started picking flowers wanting to make a flower crown. Not saying anything Tengen followed your lead. The two of you picked more than enough flowers and a vine each so the flower crown can be made. The two of you came back together sitting close to the water, facing each other. 

"I like the colors you chose." You gave him a soft smile glancing at him turning back to the crown you were working on. You saw him and, it was made out of your three favorite colors. You kept the little detail to yourself. You had purple, blue, yellow and white. They signified Tengen, Makio, Suma, and Hina. Hopefully, he didn't notice or comment on it. He might. You were tying yours up when you felt something being put on your head. You looked up to see Tengen leaning back onto his hands smiling at you. "You look beautiful with it on." He smiled softly at you. You smiled back at him with a head tilt loving how he blushed. 

"Come here."  Obeying your command he moved forward bending his head down towards you as you placed your flower crown on him. "Purple for Hina, Blue for Suma, yellow for Makio, white for you." You gave a soft giggle looking off to the side. He was still so close to you. He didn't move out of your personal space which didn't bother you as much as you thought it would. 

"Thank You, sunshine." A little giddy smile crossed your face at that. You never did get over the nicknames that he used on you. In fact, him saying that nickname made you realize how much you missed it.