Emotions

You woke up first taking in your surroundings that all three of you had shifted during the night. Shinjuro was flat on his back with Senjuro completely on top of him. Senjuro still had a light grip on your hand and Shinjuro's hand was laying on top of your lower back since you were on your stomach. Rolling over very carefully to not wake them up, you went on your back to stretch out your stiff limbs. Satisfied that everything popped you slowly sat up and padded out of the room to go to the spare room where your belongings are. Grabbing everything you took the overnight bag to the baths. They were still sleeping so you washed quickly, cleaned your teeth, and dressed in a short yellow, red, and orange kimono. You notice two things simultaneously. It matched the Rengoku household and, you really needed to stop fixing your kimonos to be short. It was like 100 degrees though so you should be forgiven. Rushing, you took everything to the kitchen wanting to surprise them with breakfast. It was the least you can do to be thankful for them extending your stay overnight. You made a quick egg over rice breakfast. They had leftover rice, so you heated up and made eggs with cheese. You remembered they liked it.

"Something smells good in here!" You turned to smile happily at Senjuro who came over to marvel at your cooking. "Wow, Nee-Chan! I love it so much when you cook or bring food. Dad doesn't cook well...." You stifled a chuckle at that bringing him in for a loose side hug.

"I can try to teach him so neither one of you won't die of starvation." You pulled him in closer to blow raspberries on his cheeks loving the way he screamed a laugh. "You and your dad finish getting ready while I serve breakfast okay?" You knew Shinjuro was up you heard him. Senjuro agreed to run off to do what you suggested. Shaking your head you finished breakfast while making some toast. Why not add some western flair to it.

"You didn't have to do this. You're the guest." You looked up from your spot in the kitchen watching Shinjuro take a seat at the table looking at the food you made.

"Well, Senjuro informed me of your exceptional cooking skill so I just had to one-up you on that." You giggled at the blush that covered his cheeks. He grumbled glaring at you playfully. That's when Senjuro came back down plopping in his seat. You served them their food before sitting down with your own plate.

"Itadakimasu!" All three of you exclaimed before digging in. Shinjuro had changed out of his plain dirty grey haori and had on a black kimono with a white haori over it. You liked it. Senjuro had on his usual attire but the black and white switched.

"I love the outfit change." You smirked at the snort the man let out. The rest of breakfast went by in comfortable silence. Shinjuro grabbed all of your plates to go wash them. You were about to get ready to leave when a crow came in startling all of you.

"Caw! caw! Rengoku family needed at Butterfly mansion caw! Caw! Immediately! Caw!" It got an affirmative from Shinjuro before leaving the estate. It was tense for a second before you got up.

"I'm coming with you guys. It's probably Kyoujuro." He said nothing as you grabbed snacks, water, and Senjuro's hand. "Shinju-San can you run for a bit?" He nodded his head not even really looking at you. He was worried about Kyoujuro. Without a word, you handed the bag and water to Senjuro and, picked him up maneuvering him to your back. "Hold on tight sweetheart." He did as instructed and, waited for Shinjuro to take the lead. With a grunt, he was off. Damn, he was still fast despite being retired. You ran right behind him following a path you didn't recognize. After about 10 minutes of running full speed, he slowed down to a speed walk. You did the same almost dying because of the grip Senjuro had on your windpipe. You put him down once seeing the mansion so the two of you can speed walk. Shinjuro entered the mansion with you in tow to be greeted by Shinobu the insect pillar. You have seen her a couple of times but, never conversed. She was extremely angry but, covered it up with a smile. Maybe it was for her little sister's sake.