" Can we please watch 'the parent trap'?" I begged them with a pout

" But we watched that last time as well" papa groans out loud which makes me laugh

" Oye escucha a tu princesa" Mama yells from the kitchen making me laugh in joy while papa once again let out another groan.

" Fine, parent trap it is" He huffs before sitting on the couch and clicking on the remote buttons to play the movie.

I stand there until papa gestures for me to come over to him, which I quickly do - snuggling up into his arms beside him as we both watch the movie once again.

6 Years Ago

If they want to stay mad at me, then go ahead. I'm not mad at them but I've realised that I need new friends - I've always clung onto only the 4 I had since I was little and it's time for me to expand my social circle.

" So, what's your name?" I ask the girl who's smoking her blunt next to me. I managed to rant about everything I had on my mind to her and she just listened patiently - not giving me any advice but was a good listener, it's something I needed badly.

" Ashlyn, what about you?" Ashlyn asks, getting up from the ground and holding her hand out for me.

" Y/n, mind if I have lunch with you?" I ask her, she lets out a chuckle and nods. I take her hand with a smile and get up - both of us cleaning ourselves up a little before we walked out the bathroom doors.

The bell for lunch had already rung so students crowded the hallways. The half an hour I spent in the toilet with Ashlyn was one of the best I've had in the past 3 days and deciding that going to sit at my usual lunch table with the other 4 would be a bad idea since they would ignore me or kick me out, I'm going to eat with Ashlyn instead.

" The more the merrier" She replies.
My locker came by and I told her to stop for a second as I put my books inside and grabbed my sandwich before I locked the locker and followed Ashlyn again.
It would've been useless to try and make a conversation now because from all the students in the hallways, it was way too noisy.

I tried spotting the others to tell them about my new friend and where I was going when I realised that they were still mad at me.

I also realised how It was like an unspoken rule for me to tell them everything about my life - I had never realised that before up till this second.

They don't own me.

" Hey, where's your group of friends?" I ask the girl once we're outside in the school garden. She just shrugs before looking back at me.

" My friends are older than me and they don't go to this school. I prefer to sit by myself and eat my lunch in peace." She replies, walking further back to an area which wasn't crowded at all. There were many students eating their lunch on the grass field and I never realised this place even existed for that purpose.

It was nice outside as well, a slight breeze and a clear sky - I should really come out more often.

Ashlyn took me to this huge oak tree where not many students were seen around the area, it was peaceful - like she said.
She threw her bag onto the floor and leaned back against the tree with me following in her steps.

" Close your eyes." She instructed, making me confused but nonetheless - I still did it. Leaning back against the oak tree, I closed my eyes.

" Now breathe," she said softly. I wasn't sure where she was taking this but I did it anyways. Inhaling deeply and holding it before I exhaled.

As I repeated the breathing, my body felt so much more light weighted. Any stress that I had wasn't the thing I was thinking of, I only focussed on my breathing. My hair flew slightly towards the left - following the direction of the slight breeze.