you're dying (pt.two)

a/n i'm so sorry this took so long midterms were stressing me out and then i was having some issues with family but i'm back!! btw the reason pt two took so long was jayce's section i could not for the life of me figure out how to write that one

request from @qscthm149 and @froggyfresa
thank you for requesting!

content warning: ...death and depictions of death, thoughts of suicide

JAYCE

It happened in the lab.

A young batch of scientists, fresh from the Academy and hungry for success, had dabbled in an unauthorized experiment with Hextech. You had been passing in the hallway at the time, and stepped in to prevent a catastrophe at the cost of your life. The scientists, who were really just children, immediately sought out help, but it was too late.

You were gone.

He searched for a sign of you in the quiet little lab, a strand of your hair, the necklace he'd gifted you, even the slightest shard of bone or flesh, but nothing was found. All that remained was ash.

A murderous creature began to eat away at him inside, screaming for revenge, for the chance to irreversibly punish the ones who did this to you.

He arrived at the station where they were held, bloodthirsty and furious, but then he saw them sniveling and crying as they apologized to him over and over again, and it all disappeared. Instead, all he felt was an intense blue, weighing him down and eating away at him from the inside.

When he steps out of the station, he feels even worse. In a daze, Jayce returns to his office.

We just wanted to be like you, is what they said.

Bile builds in his throat and mouth, and he rushes to the bathroom to vomit.

Be like me?, he questions.

He stares at the mess he made, at his shaking hands that have gone numb, at his pristine white suit and red tie that suffocates him.

Like me?

Why would anyone want to be him? A man who could not help anyone, not even the people he loves most?

Is this his fault? But how could he have known his ambition would get you killed? Still, he can't help thinking that he should seen this coming, how his story might inspire others in the worst of ways. Yes, he was too greedy, too impatient. If he hadn't recklessly experimented with magic, if he hadn't developed Hextech, if he had just...just died that night, would you still be here?

Would you still be studying, still laughing, still eating, breathing?

Still living?

He sobs then, his entire body shaking as he falls to his knees. He'll never know the answer, because you're gone, and now, there is absolutely nothing he can do.

》》》》》》》》》

MEL

It happened very suddenly. One day you were fine, and then by that night, you weren't.

She stayed late at the office and of course you stayed with her. As you headed home, a man appeared in front of you. He yelled Councilwoman!, the only warning given before he pulls out his gun and fires off multiple shots.

Mel reacts too late, shutting her eyes and throwing herself out of the way moments after the bullets fly.

Is this how she dies?