They were all quiet for a moment, obviously after running out of things to talk about. Sighing, Jade went back to her page of "A Good Girl's Guide to Murder." Mystery stories were her favourite to read, and fantasy came in a close second.

She put in her earphones next to drown out the overlapping whisper-conversations that were going on beside her and behind her. She was snapped back to reality when Stiles squeezed her lightly on the shoulder. Why was it that the second she started to do something, people decided they needed her? "We can go, you ready?"

     ~

Pulling her calculator out of her bag, Jade typed in the sums to her maths problem. God, she hated maths. When in her life would she need to know what C minus five add three and find the radius was Exactly, it didn't make any sense. Hearing her phone ring, she wheeled her 'spinny' chair, as she liked to call it, over to her bed. "What's up Stiles?" she slid across the small button, holding the phone up to her ear.

"Scott and I are on our way over. You and emotional train wreck need to be ready in a second, got it?"
Stiles talked a hundred words a minutes.

"What? No! No, no, no, no! My night is meant to consist of math homework, candles, music and reading!" she objected, chewing the end of her pen.

"Derek's found the Alpha. He thinks that it's my boss," Scott's voice came from the other end of the phone now.

"How long until you're here?" she clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, massaging her fingers into the bridge of her nose. Was she ever going to get one peaceful day in this town?

"Like, two minutes."

"Alrighty, see you then."

"Who died?" Max questioned, cramming his glasses onto his face as he burst into his sister's room. The scream that had came from there had insinuated that she was in pain, but he narrowed his eyes when he remembered her trick from when they were small.

At random times when they were growing up, she would scream as if she was being murdered, until someone came running. Then she would act as if nothing had happened, and ask for a drink or if he wanted to play Xbox with her. Over time, the residents of the Pierce house had learnt to ignore it, but it had been a long time since she had pulled that stunt. 

"Scott and Stiles will be dying soon if they don't let me rest. They'll be here in two minutes, they think they've got the Alpha. Get ready," she said, thundering down the stairs to avoid him giving out to her.

Quickly throwing on her jacket and tying her hair up, in a bun, she grabbed her bag and attached it over her shoulder. Shoving her phone and her key into her back pocket, she slammed the door closed behind her.

Stiles was beeping the horn impatiently, Max already jumping in the back and doing up his belt.

"Oh my God, you gave me a minutes notice, will you calm down," she hissed when Stiles continued beeping, even though she was already in the vehicle. "Where are we going anyway?"

"To the school."

                                         ~

"There's Derek," Max observed, the group walking  towards the man who had just pulled into the parking lot.

"Where's my boss?" Scott questioned the second the werewolf was in earshot.