• Chapter Thirteen - Vice Admiral Holdo

Start from the beginning

That seemed to capture Admiral Holdo's attention. She raised her eyebrows at Poe before repeating, "Our plan, Captain? Not Commander, right? Wasn't it Leia's last official act to demote you? For your Dreadnaught plan. Where we lost our entire bombing fleet?"

I bit my lip nervously as I looked down at the floor. Poe looked like he was trying his best to not lose his temper. However, he knew better than that. Poe took a deep breath before stating, "Captain, Commander, you can call me whatever you like. I just want to know what's going on."

"Of course you do. I understand," Admiral Holdo smiled at home before continuing, "I've dealt with plenty of trigger happy flyboys like you. You're impulsive, dangerous, and the last thing we need right now. So stick to your post and follow my orders."

Admiral Holdo walked away from him, leaving Poe speechless. My feet slowly moved towards him, trying to figure out what to say to him. However, he just turned and walked out of the Command Deck. A small sigh escaped my lips as I turned on my heels to chase after him.

"Doctor Naberrie?"

Admiral Holdo's voice caused me to stop what I was doing and turn back around towards her. I was surprised to be greeted with a warm smile and a nod of her head, "Vice Admiral Holdo. I don't believe we've officially met."

"Well, now we have. It's nice to meet you, Vice Admiral," I greeted in return with a smile. However, my insides were panicking from just being worried about Poe. I had to find him.

"It's my understanding that along with being the Lead Doctor, you are also Leia's apprentice?" Admiral Holdo asked me.

I nodded my head and responded quickly, "Yes, Vice Admiral."

"That's very impressive. The Resistance is very lucky to have you on board," She complimented, causing my cheeks to flush since I don't compliment well. However, she continued on, "I understand that you are Leia's apprentice, but right now, our main priority is keeping the Resistance alive. In doing that, that means getting Leia well and back up on her feet. I will do my best to keep you informed, but I would like your main priority to be Leia."

"Of course. I couldn't agree more," I replied while nodding my head. I actually did agree with Admiral Holdo. Even though I was General Organa's apprentice, I'm also the best doctor here. Right now, General Organa needs me more that Admiral Holdo does. It made me feel a lot better that we were in agreement on that.

"Could you please do me another favor?" Admiral Holdo asked me.

"Anything. What is it?" I asked her.

"Please keep Captain Dameron in line as best you can. I understand the two of you are together-"

"We're not together. We're just friends," I quickly replied. However, even I knew the red forming on my cheeks was telling a different story.

Admiral Holdo just smiled at me gently before placing a hand on my shoulder and continuing, "You'll find that you're going to run into a lot of pilots like Captain Dameron. Please just try to keep him under control."

I nodded my head slowly before replying, "I'll do my best. Poe can be a bit... impulsive. But he's the best pilot in the Resistance, and he's more committed to this than anybody here. I understand keeping him out of the way, given the recent events. But when the time comes, you're going to be happy to have him."

"Oh, I know I will be. Just because he's impulsive, doesn't mean that I don't like him," Admiral Holdo couldn't help, but laugh slightly. I couldn't help, but smile at her in return as she asked me, "Besides, do you know how I know I have him on our side?"

"How?" I asked her.

"Because you're on our side. And wherever you go, he goes."

———