Chapter |37| Elena Adele Garcia

"Bye baby," I blew into a kiss into the camera

"Bye baby," I blew into a kiss into the camera. Her bright eyes exploded blue, as her chubby cheeks rose, alighting her face red whilst she laughed a bye.

My finger pressed end, causing me to sigh as the room drifted into silence.

"I don't know why you sent her away. I miss the little goofball." Mia commented, glancing up from painting her toenails bright green.

"It was just more difficult with less space and then without Aaron. Besides, my mom really wanted to spend some more time with her and my dad needs her brightness and joy at the moment. Caitlin's there as well. The place is built like Fort Knox so trust me when I say no-one will breaking into there."

"Why don't you stay there as well?" I scoffed lightly, feigning offence.

"You kicking me out already?"

"Don't be crass, you know I love you here. It's nice living with a woman for once. You can actually clean up after yourself and won't complain if I decide to watch a trashy reality show."

I frowned. "You hate trashy reality shows? In fact, you turned my show last night."

"True, but that doesn't mean I don't want the option to watch them. Sometimes I used to put them on and then hide the remote so Tris couldn't turn over. Drove him crazy."

Mia had this ability to lighten up the world and make me smile and laugh over the stupidest things. "I bet. So, what's the plan for tonight? Are we getting a takeout or..."

"No, no I'll cook. I'm thinking of making Empanadas." Another reason Mia makes the perfect roommate, she cooks the best food I've ever eaten.

Just don't tell my mother.

"Fuck, that sounds so good. Where did you learn to cook like that?" I grabbed another handful of popcorn, and slid across the silver glitter she gestured to.

She paused for a moment as though deliberating with herself, before sighing and finally looking at me. "Aaron didn't tell you about my past, did he?"

Her past? "No, he didn't tell me anything."

"I asked him not to, it was hard enough telling him, practically begging him for help...only they know, Tristan and Aaron. I want you to know too since soon enough it'll be like you're my sister."

That was a strange thought. We kind of would be our own weird dysfunctional family in a way. Aaron and Mia were like siblings in how they looked out for each other and interacted, Tristan and Aaron were already brothers before I was even involved. The only sketchy part of that equation is Tristan and I. We're close friends for sure, but exes. I can't forgot the fact that my ex-boyfriend was just classed as brother to me almost.

Nothing in my life is fucking normal.

"Hey, you know you can tell me anything right? You're my friend Mia, and I won't ever betray that." She needed comfort. I could tell as she wore the same mask that I did whenever I needed advice or help.