Chapter |5| Collision Of Fate

"Who was that hot stranger you danced with last night? He must have crashed the party because I definitely did not recognise him

"Who was that hot stranger you danced with last night? He must have crashed the party because I definitely did not recognise him." I mentally rolled my eyes.

Of course, Tessa thought she knew every single socialite in New York, even though it was dark and their faces were concealed with masks.

I smiled sheepishly at her, even though my answer would in know way satisfy her insatiable hunger for a name. "No-one."

"Bullshit. You two cleared the dance floor, put on a hot fucking show...I mean the whole thing was electric. I felt horny just watching the two of you."

"Oh an exhibitionist now, are you?" To my surprise, she giggled.

"On the odd occasion." She bit her lip in a naughty fashion. "Kale and I found this club that's..."

I quickly plugged my fingers into my ears. "La, la, la, la, la! I'm not listening, no sex talk remember!"

"Okay, okay," She gestured to lose the fingers. "Anyways, mystery man. Go,"

"There's nothing to say, I was dancing with Tristan and then suddenly I was dancing with him."

Putting up her hand, she smiled. "You danced with Tristan? Like you in his arms? Are you two..."

I couldn't believe she would even suggest that. "What no! We're just friends, we bumped into one another and talked. That was it."

"What did you talk about?" She asked, digging her spoon into the bottom of her Ben and Jerry's tub. The girl left none to spare.

"Life, what we've been up to you..."

"Did Aaron come up? Anastasia?"

"Stasia no, so if you see him, don't mention it. Aaron yes, briefly and I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"Fair enough." I gave her a smile in appreciation. "So, where's Alessi?"

"He's taken Stasia to the park with Kai. Apparently seeing Central Park has always been on his bucket list."

"That's so weird, I mean we've lived here all our lives. Walked in Central Park probably a million times and yet, for other people it's a once in the lifetime opportunity."

"We're lucky then." Money, a beautiful baby, a gorgeous home. I had it all, yet something always felt like it was missing.

"We're back!" Alessi called out as he poked the door. Stasia's incoherent babbling quickly followed.

"My gorgeous baby," I giggled when she fell onto the ground and tried to push herself up. To no avail, she simply huffed and sat there impatiently, waiting for someone to scoop her up. "Why the pout baby? You nearly got there." I smothered kiss all over her face, earning her infectious laughter.

"She might be a little hyper, Kai gave her an ice cream." I sighed, knowing the long night I had ahead of me.

"I'll just have to find some way to tire her out then." Letting her run wild in the garden seemed the best choice at the moment. I shifted her in my arms to give Tessa a one armed hug, before she left for her dress fitting.