Chapter 8

Naruto sat on the couch, pouting and refusing to accept that he was pouting. Gaara was in a state very similar to his own, even though to outsiders, he might look a little less pouty.

Their dad was pacing in front of them, looking furious. The man's hands were in fists. Even his ridiculous mask was off, showing clearly the displeasure evident on his face. Even his hair looked angry.

Naruto chuffed, finding the picture amusing. Gaara seemed to agree with a scoff of his own.

This wasn't new after all. They often got themselves into situations that might make a lesser man cry in anguish. Kakashi, being made of sterner stuff, had to only suffer through his hair turning white.

Their amusement earned them a look of anger from the aforementioned white haired dad.

Naruto rolled his eyes, "You weren't even supposed to be here"

That stopped the man in his tracks to face them fully. He spoke in a nearly shocked voice, "I'm not supposed to be here?! I'm not supposed to be here? What about you two? Weren't you supposed to be in Suna?"

Gaara, deciding that there was too much drama involved drawled out, "You're over reacting again"

Kakashi closed his eyes and rubbed them. After thinking himself to be sufficiently calm he spoke, "Why aren't you in Suna?"

"We were bored"

"Why are you here?"

"It's not boring here"

"Why do they think you are bodyguards?"

"We told them that we were"

"Why did you tell them that you were bodyguards?"

"We wanted to."

"Why did you want to?"

"We were bored"

Kakashi gritted his teeth and looked at his two sons, for he saw Gaara also as his own child as he did Naruto. His two sons, who despite their cherubic appearances, were anything but angelic.

Kakashi would swear that he had aged twice as fast just trying to keep up with their antics. He couldn't for the life of him, understand why they felt the need to rebel at every chance they got.

Naruto seeing their poor father look like he was about to pop a blood vessel, took one of his arms and made him sit on the couch between Gaara and him.

"Dad. I told you. We want to be bodyguards"

"And I told you no."

"Why not?"

"Because I told you so"

Kakashi enjoyed his moment of having turned the tables. It was brief.

"Well, that's not enough"

Naruto got up, standing in front of his father with his arms crossed. He looked at Gaara pointedly, who sighed and took up a similar position next to the blonde.

They had hoped to show their dad that they were serious about this. Unfortunately, the reaction they got was a widening of his eyes.

"What the hell are you wearing?!"

Needless to say, the conversation continued a little longer.

Kakashi walked through the office, cutting across the soon to be dead pervert's (Sasuke's) department. He went into Sasuke's cabin, to have little talk with the pervert and the pervert's pervert friend.

Sasuke and Neji were still on the couch that they had been sitting on when Kakashi had first walked into the office.

After glaring at them with killer intent, the white haired man had promptly walked out, dragging Naruto and Gaara by their arms to God knew where.