Chapter 6

When Naruto saw Manda, his face practically lit up. He cooed while running a finger down the side of the snake's body, "Oh my God. What's your name gorgeous?"

Sasuke beamed, sounding like a proud father, "His name's Manda"

In case it wasn't clear so far, Sasuke did in fact, absolutely adore his pet, no matter what ridiculous allegations of murder his older brother came up with. In his mind, Manda could do no harm. When Itachi had first told him of Manda's attempt to eat him, he had scoffed. And then laughed, for two whole days. Manda had held a special place in his master's tiny black heart ever since.

Naruto smiled and continued to pet the snake, "Hi Manda. You look very handsome" Considering Sasuke's connotations of his pet snake with his 'pet Snake', one could hardly blame him when that line led his depraved little mind into a new tangent of sexual fantasies.

Sasuke couldn't stop looking at that sweet face. It struck him that he had never seen Naruto smile like that before. Sasuke felt a flutter in his stomach, similar but not quite, like the one he had just before his first threesome. Maybe he was allergic to the fucking dog.

The blonde straightened up, addressing Sasuke, "Ready for lunch?" Sasuke nodded,"You go ahead, I'll just check my mail and join you" Naruto gave one more dazzling smile and did as agreed. Sasuke shook his head. Was it just him or was the blonde really happy today.

He went back inside and stared at the pile of fur on his table. He glared, hoping it would make the thing move without him having to touch it. The cat merely lifted its head, swayed its tail once and went back to its siesta, deciphering correctly that dealing with the human was a waste of its time.

Sasuke's eyebrow twitched, "Get up you lazy bag of fur"

By the time he had tried, failed and gave up on getting the cat to move from its new home, Neji had joined him. He couldn't help but tell his best friend how his latest quarry liked his favorite pet.

Neji replied with a single raised eyebrow, "That's your only pet"

"He's still my favorite"

Neji could understand why. His friend and the snake in question often seemed to share the same mind, which was particularly ironic, seeing as how many of Sasuke's unlucky acquaintances often likened him to a reptile.

He would even use the poor creature to pick up women, leaning against the counter in a bar with the dangerous serpent around his neck. When a particularly curious bimbo would come near him, Sasuke would give a slow smirk and say, 'If you're impressed with his length, you should take a look at my other snake'. It was infinitely unfair how often that line actually worked.

They exited the office together.

Naruto was talking to a redhead who was about the blonde's height and had green eyes, thick lashes, and long long legs.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow, "Damn, Hatake securitys sure know how to pick 'em"

Neji completely and totally agreed, "Tell me 'bout it"

It was often a misconception that Neji was the direct opposite of Sasuke - a decent human being. But, that was not completely true. Neji was not without his own levels of deviancy. He steadfastly refused to agree with Sasuke that he had other reasons for accommodating his friend and his ungodly undertakings, than him being the unfortunate awesome best friend. It was one of Sasuke's missions in life to make Neji see the Truth.

The breathy quality of his best friend's reply made Sasuke pause and look at said friend. Neji was no prude, but he was more – discrete with his interests. So any indication of any kind of his interest in any kind of debauchery made Sasuke fill with glee at being able to connect with a kindred spirit.