Chapter 14 - Whispers of a Forgotten Past

Start from the beginning

And the girl that everyone adores, she was a real-life fairy tale for them. Her beauty, charm, and kindness made her the ideal lady in the society.

And then there was me.

If people painted her as the ideal future Queen, destined for greatness, when they compared us.

For me, they called me wicked and declared that I was unfit to hold the throne. They even gave me an awful title that lingered on my existence like a shadow.

I tried so hard to be the girl that everyone liked, but all they saw in me was a shameless copycat.

In my previous life, I have heard worse things so often that I became numb from hearing them.

Nothing new was happening in this world; every time they saw me, they would tell stories that would damage my reputation.

To them, I was a poisonous lady of the society, and I would only appear to be a villain when I stood next to the girl they cherished and looked up to.

All they wanted in a world where I was deemed a misfit was a villain-someone who would commit evil acts on their behalf.

I decided as a result. I would play the villain if they were that desperate for one. I showed them what a villainous woman could do in this world, revealing the side they had always wanted to see.

However, just like in every story in the book, all of the villains-including myself-are destined to die.

I no longer wish or hope for anything because all I'm waiting for is death to knock on my door every time I travel back to the past.

And each time I returned, I simply continued to play the villain that they wanted me to be, and strangely enough, it was enjoyable.

I could tell them all of my frustrations and angers that I've been holding inside whenever I play the villainous woman.

Nothing has changed in this world.

Nothing has changed in this world at all, not even the people, even if I keep dying over and over again.

I see nothing but darkness in this life; there is no hope or light to be found.

I feel as though I might have to walk in complete darkness for all of eternity because I've been walking down this empty road without any light.

However, I was able to see some light ahead of me today.

I can't resist hoping once more.

I can't help but feel as though this could be my newfound hope for the world.

Even though it's only our second day together, I feel like I've met that child more than a hundred times. I'm not sure why.

Her voice soothes me, and her existence itself is like a warm light.

Her dark hair, from when I first saw her on the street, makes me think of how empty or dark my life used to be.

I can't help but smile inside when I look at her face because her purple eyes are so full of light, unlike the eyes of the people I've met and seen before, which seemed empty and lifeless.

It seems as though they were characters, puppets.

Hers is happy and bright, in contrast.

She appeared to have never experienced any difficulties, agony, or worse! I have never seen anyone with as much light and happiness in their eyes as she has.

Her eyes are full of pure light, something I could never have in this life, and I can't help but think of protecting a child like her.

As I locked my balcony door and closed the door behind me, I thought to myself, "She may not realize it yet, but she have become my precious one."

(I should go and check on her one last time before I go to sleep.)

I then went to my dear soon-to-be daughter's room after opening the door from my bedroom.

However, I discovered her bed was empty when I opened the door from her room.

I called out, "Dear???" as I searched the entire room for her.

(Where on earth could she have gone?)

(The physician has advised her not to move just yet.)

After hurriedly leaving my daughter's room, I exclaimed, "Where are the maids!?!?" and noticed Madeline and Bosworth chatting in the hallway.

"Bosworth, there you are." I said.

Bowing his head to me, Bosworth says, "Ah, good evening your grace."

Madeline says, "Good evening, your grace." I cross my arms at that point.

"Do you know where my daughter could have gone? Her bed is empty. Have any of you seen her?" I asked, but they were just staring at me.

"My lady, we didn't see the little miss coming outside from her room at all." Madeline responds

"What?! Then where did she go!?" I responded.

Bosworth comments, "Your grace, the little lady must have gone to the bathroom," as I continue to stare at him with crossed eyebrows.

(Bosworth, I still recall you from a previous existence.)

(I can't help but be cautious around you.)

"I've checked her room's bathroom, and my daughter isn't there either. The doctor says she shouldn't be getting out of bed just yet." I exclaimed as the head maid appeared.

The head maid asks, "Your grace, is something wrong in here?"

"Have you seen my daughter???" I responded.

The head maid replies, "The little miss? I'm sorry your grace, but no."

"Bosworth, inform everyone," I uttered, but my attention swayed as I caught sight of a small silhouette emerging from the opposite corridor.

"Althea???" I exclaimed, trailing her steps. Bosworth and the rest followed behind, and I confirmed- it was, without a doubt, my daughter.

(What is she doing?)

"Take me to the place I used to run~~" she sang, clutching something in her hand.

( What is she singing?? And where is she going??? )

" Remember the house where I was born~ " she sings as she then finally opened the window and sit near to it.

" Hmmnmm~ humm~ "

" I'll show you the stars that I used to hide~ " she sings while she opened the jar filled with cookies.

" Goodness, is that why there were two missing jar of cookies in the kitchen?? It was because the little miss has been stealing? Goodness." The head maid remarks.

.
.
.🦋