Its more fun this way anyway as was discovered with Joe.

As for Taffy and the girls; they all came over last night and we raided Adriana's things. It was a lot less traumatic than I imagined it would be and I got through the whole thing relatively unscathed.

That was until they went home and I fell asleep in one of her jackets, crying and wondering if this really was what it felt like to hug her as I seem to have forgotten. I didn't fight the tears this time though. I just let them fall hoping it would mean getting this horrid feeling of guilt out of me quicker.

I woke up this morning realising it was cold, so I haven't taken the jacket off. Its thick and purple and smells like lavender though I don't know why.

The process of grieving has been much easier with the assistance of Romeo.

Romeo is my new small red DeLonghi espresso machine and he's beautiful. My Italian ancestors sure know how to make their coffee machines and in honor of the fact that my beautiful sister named everything, I also decided to name him.

***

I pull up at the café, somehow managing to find a park right out front.

That's the first thing that seems slightly off. By the café door stands a group of people chatting with frowns on their faces. This is the second thing that seems slightly off.

I get out of the car and notice with curiosity the sign turned to 'Closed'. Inside there's no sign of life. The small group of disappointed people scatter and I look at the other sign they'd been frowning over.

"Sorry but we are closed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I decide to be nosey and look inside the shop. Empty...kind of, apart from a light on in the back office.

I lean on the door in thought wondering what makes a shop close down at such short notice.

A death? Money?

Just as I turn to go back to the car, the door opens next to me, giving me a fright.

"Sorry." I hear. I look at the culprit who upon seeing it's me, smiles. "Hello again." I screw up my nose knowing I've met this young man before but knowing I won't remember his name which is shocking considering it was only yesterday. "Geordie" the mop-topped youth says pointing to himself.

"Right." I nod. "Sorry." I point to the sign. "What's going on?"

"Oh..." he rolls his eyes and brushes his hair out of his face. "They did a bunk."

"Pardon?"

"Up and left."

"What? When? What do you mean?"

He scoffs putting his hands up as a way of surrendering.

"I haven't got a business head on my shoulders sorry. All I know is, I may not have a job."

"What about the café?" I ask, for some reason panicking. He shrugs.

"Dunno. Tara's freaking out..." he says shaking his head.

"Who's Tara?" I ask, confused. He gives me a strange look. "Oh Taffy. You mean Taffy. Why is she freaking out?"

"She's one of the owners and they left it to her."

"So, why is she freaking out?" I ask again wondering why this is a bad thing.

"Money...something. I blanked out after I heard the others had taken off. It sucks man. That place is paying for my courses and I'm not qualified to do much else."