Unfortunately for both you and I, and all other single women in London, he'll be off to travel the world soon so not really commitment material.

There's always something with the perfect ones isn't there?

As for work, go and see Andy Burbank. I know he's loud and that his adverts are ridiculous but he knows his stuff and he'd be a good boss. Say I sent you and remind him he owes me. Was great hearing from you. Let me know how it goes.

King regards,

Nina."

***

"Miles. . .sweet, kind Miles,

I am very sorry for cutting you out of the loop. No, the funeral did not go down well. It was bad. . . really bad.

I may or may not have slept in the hallway BUT the liquor cabinet remains full so you are free to hear about it if you like without being embarrassed.

Thank you for thinking of me. It feels good knowing someone gives a damn.

I'm off to find some painkillers for my neck and something to eat. I'll be home all day so call whenever.

Your proudly un-intoxicated friend,

Nina."

***

I rub my neck, cringing at the stiffness in it and stumble into the bathroom where I find some cream. I really am surprised how much better I feel after having a good bawl. Not physically, clearly, but mentally. I feel as if I'll be able to take on what ever Miles says needs to be taken on, without the fear of having a panic attack....another panic attack rather.

The phone rings as if on cue and I raise an eyebrow. That was quick.

"Hello?" I answer as I continue rubbing the cream into my shoulder.

"Thank goodness." I hear him mumble, "Are you okay? What happened?"

I smile again at the sincerity and worry in his voice.

"Miles." I sigh "...tell me, were you sitting on the computer with your finger on speed dial or something?"

There's a silence and I swear I can hear a sigh of relief.

"I was worried." he says in an insanely kind way. I throw my head back knowing it's comments like these that make it impossible for me to keep him in the 'you can't go there' box along with Henry Cavill and that hot blonde guy on Sea Patrol.

"I'm really okay now."

"But you weren't. Your phone was off the hook for a ridiculously long time..."

"How many times did you try and call exactly?" I ask as I head into the kitchen to turn the kettle on.

"Enough to know I should be worried. What happened?"

"Ah, it was all really interesting. There was a big shoot up with the Australian Navy and the Filipinos were returned to the safety of their homes again, though the XO and the captain remain un-united still. I'm starting to wonder if they'll ever get together..."

I can hear Miles laughing and I grin.

This is when I hear another sound from outside, reminding me of the snapping sound I woke up to. While Miles asked me if I take anything seriously, I open the curtains to see Joe working away in the garden.

"Joe's here." I say, surprised.

"Who's Joe?" Miles asks, still chuckling.

"Neighbour dash gardener. Remember I told you about his wife? Nice guy. He doesn't say much but he offered to help me get this garden tidy before whatever happens to the house."