angst time mwehehe

⚠️ slight blood (but in another colour)

one of the points in my to do list was to write the "unnecessary backstory" for every member of the team

and I have done that,,,,,
..
.... in my head.

anyway, here is a summary (?) of the backstory headcanon / AU ~

(vague) explanation- Penny: someone she looks up to, someone she cares about, someone that loves her, will never return

Penny: someone she looks up to, someone she cares about, someone that loves her, will never return. she's forced to accept the reality of life at a very young age. Thankfully, she had cherished those moments when time was still ticking.

Rod: he's weaker than all those people. and those people made sure he knew that. that he was a coward. and he probably believed that. the problem is, this chicken has too much courage to be called a coward.

Swift: being a descendant of an elite family comes with high expectations, that he has no choice but to achieve. he has to be good, to be perfect, in order to carry on the generational legacy. In which it would take time to learn that his talents do not define his worth.

Brody: his naïveté caused it. all he wanted was to make everyone happy, but that only made him unhappy. it's not a big deal, he thinks, because others have it worse. but suffering is not a competition; 'small' tragedies do matter in order to face 'bigger' tragedies.

Bea: if only she had done better, other people wouldn't have to pay the consequences

Bea: if only she had done better, other people wouldn't have to pay the consequences. and she believes the only way to make amends, is to never be a disappointment again. pushing herself, challenging her limits. Because the truth is, she can't forgive herself.

Speedy: the price of leadership is a hefty pay; the willingness to take responsibility, to sacrifice, taking risks that might jeopardise your own self. an honest, honourable leader would take those chances, though the pain of the past lingers longer than one might expect.

--
btw, all these happened before they entered the academy; the cadets were younger kids, bea during her cadet years and speedy as a teen in flight school.

then they meet each other and form a loving found family and then i die of extreme wholesomeness :')