Names

All the character names in this show are 10% normal and 90% pun.
.. I love it XD

In Top Wing Academy, there's Rod, Penny, Brody and Bea who all have typical sounding names

... And then there's Swift and Speedy ..

I think Speedy's name is just so funny haheujdhjskf I didn't believe that was actually his name when I first heard it,, but I thought, what if it was his codename or something?

I feel like Inspector Eagle Eye's name is his codename too maybe. Either Survivor Bear's name is legitimately that, or it's just his stage name. I don't know how to explain Smurkturkski lol

Ryan Goosling, David Hasselhawg, the names are puns of real life actors' names :p I think Wally Beaver is also a pun of a different show but I don't know much

'Honu' is "green sea turtle" in Hawaiian. Anyu and Yuka are Inuit names meaning "snow" and "bright star" respectively.

Most of the family names have themes. Penny's family has P names, Rod's family with R, Brody's family names start with B, and Swift's granpa CJay name sounds like it starts with S ("see"jay). So that means Swift's parents, and maybe siblings, would have S names too.

Maybe Bea's name is from the word beautiful HAHA she is pretty tho,, Rod is close to "road" maybe? , Brody because "bro" ?? idk lol xD

Captain Dilly because crocodile maybe? Even tho he's an alligator.. Rocco sounds close to crocodile eventho he's also alligator too. Captain Swabby because "swab the deck" (relate to pirates), T and Shelly relates with turtle. Baddy because he's a bad bat??? dunno.

The rest of the characters have names that rhyme with their animal species name; Rhonda Rhino, Timmy Turtle, Tina Treegoat, Margo Monkey, Salty Seawalrus, Della Dodo, Sandy Stork, Oscar Octopus, Betty McBat, Shirley Squirrelly, Earl the Gadget Squirrel.

Some other characters I'm not sure if it references other stuff or not. Like Matilda, Sammy and the banana bandits Tad, Angel and Baxter.

--

// If you realize I keep changing the cover picture, it's cuz I'm still not sure which one I like. I might change it again haha