𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Houston, Texas

May 1st
2pm

Rolling up her selves, Maelia wipes down her station before standing back to take a short breath. Looking around at the people who shopped she shook her head at the fact she was still here.

This wasn't her dream, being a clerk in a grocery store. Servicing people all around Houston, she wanted to follow the dream she gave up on years ago. She was now in the right head space to do so, mentally and financially prepared to go back to school and finish out what was required to be a veterinarian.

Before she dropped out, she had taken many nursing courses and different classes that involved human and animal care. She was on her way to a bachelors degree with 5 different scholarships that payed for all of her four years at TSU University.

The discouragement hitting her as she thought about how she would basically have to start from scratch, although it shouldn't have been too challenging considering what she did learn and carry with her over the years.

She just needed the right confidence and motivation to go forth and do so. She knew staying at sprouts forever wouldn't do anything for her, but the money help a lot so until she felt comfortable to move on she would be patience and stay put.

"Girl fix your face, you clock out in 10." Erica chuckles at the sad expression Maelia held. Knowing it was mostly from her lacked desire to be at work. She rolls her eyes, leaning her head onto her bestfriends shoulder as she sighs.

"I can't wait for all this to be over, to finally be— content with where I'm at in life." Maelia sighs grabbing her phone from her back pocket. A smile immediately coming to her face as she receives a text from Calyx.

Erica's eyebrows furrowing as her lips twist to the side at her friend smiling from ear to ear. Wondering what had gotten her so excited after the mini episode on how unhappy she was with life.

"Who got you over there all tickled?" She chuckles leaning over to peak into her friends messages. She see's the name 'Calyx 💕' at the top of the screen.

Scrunching her face at the semi-familiar name before Maelia sighs stepping back, placing her attention on Erica.

"So you know the man that came in here and ran off that racists white guy for me?"

Erica let's the thought linger before a gasp comes from her lips, her hands flying up to cover her mouth. Squealing as the memory becomes clear and she realizes what her friend was trying to say.

"Oh my god his fine ass?! Sneaky bitch how long y'all been talking— and why I ain't know?!" She squeals pushing the girls shoulder. Astonished at the fact her best friend had kept this from her when she was usually the first one to know everything that went on in Maelia's life.