𝐈𝐈

April 20th      [3:35 pm]

April 20th
[3:35 pm]

"Seven more hours Lia, then you can go home and relax." She sighs fixing some knocked over boxes in the cereal aisle. After she finished, she made her way back up to the front and behind the register.

Picking up her phone to skim through her social media, laughing at a couple post as she sighs exiting the app.

Her eyes falling on a black woman approaching her as she turns on the conveyor belt to transport the groceries as she put them on the belt.

After completing the bagging, she gives the woman her total as she swipes her card. Maelia pressing a few buttons on the screen in-front of her before she grabs the receipt, handing it over.

"Have a good one." She smiles as the woman tells her to do the same.

Leaning back against the counter, she looks around at all the people walking throughout the store. A man and woman chasing after two kids as they giggle, knocking over food on the shelves.

She shakes her head at the mess they began to create, thinking to herself that if those were her kids- a belt would surely be within her reach.

"Hey! Ma'am...I'm gonna have to ask that you keep your children from destroying our merchandise, or exit the store. Thank you." She hears her boss bellow out before the aggravated footsteps come toward her.

She dreadfully picks her head up, giving the Bald man a tight lipped smile. "Hey Mr.-"

"I need you working open to close tomorrow." He spits out, going through a couple of papers that sat inside a folder he held in his hand.

Maelia sitting her body up, her eyebrows furrowing as she lets out a nervous chuckle. The thought of waking up so early when she was use to clocking in at her regular one to ten o'clock shift seemed like a drastic change to her. Also something she didn't see fit for the plans she had for tomorrow anyway. No part of her wanting to be stuck assisting rude costumers and scanning food all day.

"I-I'm sorry...why would I be working open to close? That's not my scheduled clock in and clock out. Plus I have important plans I've set for tomorrow considering I leave at 1 on Wednesday's. How does this-"

"Look, we have a new employee that just got hired into the department last week and he comes in tomorrow for training. Erica is off and Steven refuses to 'cater to strangers' so I'm counting on one of my best and well- only hard workers to train this boy and get him into the swing of what goes on around here. Get him prepared for things like restock and register so that I don't have to end up fixing fuck ups left and right. I hate to have to ruin your plans but, you get paid? I don't see the problem." He sighs rubbing a hand over the top of his shiny head.