Chapter 5 - Why so Flowery

Start from the beginning

"Congratulations, little miss! You did it, you climbed onto the chair all by yourself," the maid says, and the little lady's cheeks turn red.

*Chuckles* "Today's events were quite amusing. Watching you struggle to climb that high seat was quite a spectacle," Lady Cynthia remarks, and I find myself just looking at the child.

"The little miss was absolutely adorable. Her attempts to climb onto the seat were just too cute for all of us," Madeline, the maid, adds as the child tries to hide her face, clearly embarrassed by the today's events.

"What's your take on this, Bosworth?" Lady Cynthia asks, and I continue to gaze at the child.

"Her strong will helped her climb onto the seat, and that's an impressive quality to have," I comment.

"Exactly, you're spot on, Bosworth," Lady Cynthia agrees, while I maintain a neutral expression.

"Okay, let's discuss now. I've been thinking about your proposal since last night," Lady Cynthia says.

(A child made an offer? I wonder what this conversation is about.)

"But I'd like to understand what I'll gain from this," Lady Cynthia inquires, and the child stays silent for five seconds before responding.

"Happiness. If you agree to my proposal, I'll give you what true happiness feels like when you're with the right person," the little lady declares, and I find myself surprised by her words.

(Happiness? That's... an intriguing choice of words.)

"Are you suggesting that I'm not happy?" Lady Cynthia questions as the child falls silent.

"My lady, I've got a poem to share that might explain what you're wondering," the little lady says.

"What's the poem about?" the lady inquires.

" It goes like this... " The little lady started.

" In the shadows of your gaze, a tale untold,
Deny or hide, emotions in the fold.
As a child's eyes keenly perceive,
Longing whispers, secrets they retrieve.

You may deny, in silence cloak,
Yet in your gaze, desires spoke.
A yearning dance, a silent plea,
Child's insight, unveils what can't be.

Expressions held, within your core,
A silent wish, a want, an implore.
In youthful eyes, the truth unfurls,
Longing for what the heart aches and swirls." The little lady says.

"My~ that was... How did you make such a poem?" The lady asked.

"My lady, the poem that I made is meant for you, it talks about a person trying to hide their feelings, but a child can see through it." The little lady says

"Even if the person denies or keeps things silent, a child can sense their true emotions just by looking at them." The little lady added.

"You curious 'bout happiness? Let me demonstrate. If you invite me in, open your door, I'll make you the happiest. I promise," the little lady says.

(Is this child really aiming to be the lady's happiness?)

"I can bring you the joy you've been craving, unlike that 'certain' person. Give me a chance, lovely lady," the little lady urges.

"If you allow me to be your new source of happiness, I promise you won't need anything else, and I'll never hurt you like that other person does," she adds.

"Just open up to me, my lady. I understand what you lack. You're a lady overlooked by everyone, but I will genuinely cherish every part of you," the little lady says, leaving everyone in silence.

"Let me bring you joy, and I'll prove what that feels like," the little lady suggests, making Lady Cynthia chuckle and smile.

"I tried to keep it under wraps, but you read me well, quite interesting," Lady Cynthia remarks.

"So, what's your decision?" the little lady asks.

"Okay, you've got my attention. I'll take you in," Lady Cynthia decides, and even the maids, like me, are taken aback by the lady's fast decision.

(Goodness... Is the lady crazy?)

"Excuse me, my lady," I spoke up.

"Are you really adopting this child?" I questioned.

"What about his grace? If he learns about this, my lady?" I continued, and Lady Cynthia cut me off.

"So? What if he finds out, Bosworth?" Lady Cynthia retorted.

"That old man doesn't really care about anything his daughter does," Lady Cynthia added, and I glanced at the child.

"So, Bosworth, get the papers ready. I'm adopting this child, and she's going to live with me from now on," Lady Cynthia declares, leaving everyone stunned.

...