It was up to them.

They would have to trust the Dragneels to win their fights. But that wasn't the only thing on Gray's mind. "I'm more worried about that thing with Zeref."

"Huh?" Lucy turned, "Did he tell you something?"

"My ultimate ambition is to achieve something far more significant than that."

"Nah." He raised his gaze, 'Zeref isn't gonna get his wish, not if Natsu has anything to do with it.' He turned back to the blonde, "Crack it open."

||~x~||

When Ichiya had led her through the ship to where Wendy was, Kia found herself taking a double take. The Blue Pegasus mage had already let her know that they had picked up both Erza and Jellal with the Sky Dragon Slayer when they began leading Acnologia away from Magnolia, but he had neglected to mention the blonde that was standing amongst them.

Kia sighed as she kept her voice low, "I don't know why I wasn't expecting to see her during this."

She was explaining things to the trio, even how Zeref was actually the one who created the Eclipse Gate (as far as Anna was aware). Kia wanted to interject, but decided it wasn't the right time.

"Lucy's mother was involved in this?" Erza gripped the railing behind her as the ship swayed again.

Anna nodded, "I came along in order to explain the whole situation to her. I would accompany the Dragon Slayers and raise them until they were ready."

"You were supposed to raise us together?"

"You were still children," the blonde gave her a kind smile, "with so much left to learn. But things did not go as planned. An unforeseen accident flung you all through the gate in different directions. You, Natsu, Gajeel, Sting, and Rogue; and for a time I wasn't able to learn what had become of Kia either."

"It took me five years of following leads to track down all of you. And when I did, I saw that you had all found your own lives in this new era. I decided that I should wait to make contact, and not further disrupt the situation. Things happen in due time, after all."

"I noticed her watching from a distance one day and approached her." All eyes turned to find the pinkette finally walking closer to them. "She was surprised that I remembered everything while the others didn't seem to recall a thing from before the Gate beyond their dragon parents."

"Kia!" Erza exclaimed.

Wendy instinctively turned and threw her arms around the Phoenix Slayer, "I was worried when Lucy said you were hurt pretty bad and I never got there to heal you."

Kia ran her hand calmly through the bluenette's hair, "I'm fine, Wendy. You don't have to worry."

The Christina rocked again, causing Jellal to turn back to the Celestial Wizard, "How does this factor into your plan?"

"With Kia able to watch some of them more closely, I stayed in the shadows all this time so I could investigate and properly prepare. But while I was conducting my initial search, I happened upon an extraordinary discovery. I didn't know if it was a result of what had gone wrong during the opening of the Eclipse, or if it was merely coincidental, but something new had come into existence."

The ship moved violently this time, throwing them all into the walls. Wendy let out a squeak as Kia pulled her into her chest to keep her from colliding with anything or anyone. Her stomach started lurching more and more as they went, almost making the Phoenix Slayer wonder if she was suddenly acquiring motion sickness like her brother and all of the Dragon Slayers.

"It possesses tremendous power." Anna continued, "A dangerous amount. Perhaps... not a power; it's more like a concept."

"What is it exactly?" Titania straightened up as best as she could. "I mean, can you describe it a bit more clearly?"

"I'd call it a rift in time."

Wendy and Jellal both blinked, speaking in unison, "You found a rift in time?"

Kia sweatdropped, slowly letting the ends of her hair char as her stomach flipped again. She grumbled to herself, "That would explain why I've been starting to feel like crap."

"Indeed." Anna asked the two blue haired mages, "We can trap Acnologia inside that place of nothingness... forever."

||~x~||

Sorry for how short this chapter is, but this was the best way I could think of to split it up without making the previous/next chapter super long or awkward. 

Enjoy!

Kiki