Three Simple Words

Me: Guys... so... tired... school had... dance... what does the... fox... you get it... I DANCED TO IT... so... TIRED.

Shard: Okay, so special thanks to Annihilator5026 for helping beta-read this. This is why we're posting late on Valentine's... but it should be better quality!

Me: Also, sorry for taking so long! I just decided to work on my revisions instead of this chapter, and then I wrote it once and it was bad, and I wrote it again. It took me SO LONG (I stayed up till 5 last night and then I didn't finish by then), and then beta-reading from Annihilator, and so I hope you enjoy. I put a lot of work and heart into this and I think you'll be pleased ;)

Shard: Prepare for the most romantic chapter yet everyone!

Me: AND YOU BETTER LIKE IT! I PUT SO MUCH TIME INTO IT SO YOU BETTER-

Shard: Shadow. Stahp.

Me: xD Just kidding. I hope I get a couple reviews for this though... it's gonna be a huge Sharunder moment for the history books. Also, so many thanks to all of you, so here's some candy. *Gives the reader candy* Halloween all over again. XP So... *Turns up music* ...AND DO THE HARLEM SHAKE.

Shard: :)

Thunder's POV

I couldn't help but pace anxiously. Golden streaks were dancing through my needle-like fur, and it was difficult to think with the zapping sound humming around my ears; the energy was just pleading to be released. I allowed some minor sparks to branch off from my paws, flicking off and dispersing in the ground, but I refused to release a strong discharge just yet. If I did then electricity would just build up again. I needed to calm my rampant thoughts; ones of uncertainty and hesitance. Thoughts that had troubled me since two weeks ago, when I first discovered my repressed feelings.

Numerous times I had fallen into the sickness of long thinking, late at night, pondering half-timidly if Ruby was watching me with those searing, golden eyes, waiting till I eventually drifted to inflict her revenge. Or for when Fang, Falcon or Hunter would suddenly crowd in, telling me they saw Shard hanging with another guy. Possibly Shard herself would barge in and meekly explain she knew my feelings. Then she'd try to let me down softly.

No, none of it would happen. Ruby striking from her outcast shadows, Shard growing apart from our friendship; no. None of it. But if I didn't confess soon then surely Shard would find other, new friends. Guys who would decide if they loved her or not quicker than I did, and the dark-intentioned luxray would lash out at us when least expected. I had to be honest with myself; Shard and I had been friends since late winter, and that joyous feeling was locked deep in my heart. I dated Ruby during a large portion of that time and Shard acted supportive during it. No matter how terrible Ruby really was, despite the horrible truth she knew. For a split second, when my thoughts were drawn to that subject, I believed Shard could've hated me enough to let me stay with Ruby, in that dead, horrific relationship. But no sooner did I remember the threats and the horrifying attacks which the luxray ensued on her, triggering her to stay silent. There were so many situations and possibilities; I couldn't figure what the glaceon really thought of me.

Confessing, I had to accept the risk and try. If it'd crumble our friendship or strengthen it into something more; it was a chance that anyone, if not everyone, had to take.

Crisp snow, tainted with muddy water, was partly flattened by my paw prints. I paced in a small, vacant area, a short distance from the glaceon's home, the chilling atmosphere of Frosty Hills howling around me. Pines were dappled in untouched strips of snow; the sky beamed an intense light blue. A few pure white clouds were drifting, disappearing behind the snow-packed pine trees. The sun revealed time between midday and nightfall; it betrayed that I had a few hours before the sun would blink off the horizon. My paws were wet from slush. It conducted crackling volts, but the electricity kept them warm. I had no idea how long I had lingered there; a few minutes, half an hour, possibly longer. All I knew was that I'd depart for Shard's den soon, and every second that passed was a second less of my opportunity to confess.