єριℓσgυє

M Y K A L

Mykal and Aspen's life had settled down a lot over the next two and a half years. Mykal had graduated college and got a job working at William's business, 5th Dimension, and he was making a steady income. Mykal let his lease run out and then he moved into an apartment a couple of blocks down the road from his old apartment--Ezra had offered to let him use it while he finished getting his degree. Mykal was grateful, the apartment was a lot nicer than anything he was looking at and it was in a pretty good location. Only a fifteen-minute commute to the college and a forty-five-minute commute to 5th Dimension(but that was mainly because of rush hour traffic). They were settled into their relationship and everything was nice.

Mykal's work ended two and a half hours after Aspen's last class, so he often found himself coming home to him kneeling by the door. He still refused to wear pants at home, and would whine if he had to go somewhere--but he'd come out of his shell a fair bit. He hung out with Cameron a lot because Mykal and William worked together. Ezra was around too--he just was more preoccupied with filming his videos with Declan. 

Ezra and Declan had sort of started making a name for themselves in the porn industry--which honestly, Mykal couldn't be mad about. Ezra was doing what he loved, and he was doing it exclusively with Declan so he figured all is well that ends well. He'd been skeptical about their relationship at first because he didn't really know how to feel about Ezra being with his teacher. Ezra had been taken advantage of too many times for him to just blindly accept it--but Declan had really impressed him. Ezra was always dragging him along on crazy trips and Declan was always reigning in his antics while still allowing him to be himself and support his insanity.

Cameron was modeling full time, but he only worked with William's company so that he could still go to school and master in computer science. He still did his cam shows, but he was a lot busier so they'd admittedly taken the backseat. Mykal couldn't blame him for that, his modeling career was more profitable, and graduating with a Computer Science degree seemed important to Cameron. Mykal and Aspen had gone out to eat with them a few times after work and William always footed the bill for them all. When Ezra was in town, he and Declan joined them, and then Ezra was the one waving his wallet around. 

Ezra's mom had called him a few times asking how Ezra was doing--Mykal had felt bad for her, but he'd given her a vague 'he's fine' and hung up on her. Ezra made the choice to separate from his family and it wasn't his place to disclose his personal information to them given he'd made it obvious that he didn't want anything to do with them anymore. 

Mykal... well, Aspen encouraged him to actually talk to his dad after the lease on their apartment ended and they'd... reconciled if you could really call that considering most of it was accidental. His father had actually apologized to him. Nothing he said had really made anything easier, claiming that he and his mom were just awkward and didn't really know what to say to him. When he stopped being agreeable and doing what they said, they didn't know how to handle it so instead of doing anything about it they just thought 'he wants no part of this' and that was it. It didn't really make him feel better--but his father and mother had actually accepted him being with Aspen, and they'd even had dinner at his parents house on thanksgiving the previous year and his parents had asked if he wanted to come back this year too. He wasn't sure yet, but it was an option. He wasn't over the past yet, because while they'd excused and apologized for their behavior, he still had years of bad memories that he had to work through. 

Aspen and his father were on speaking terms, but he refused to go to his familial home. Once he had his belongings out of it, even Mykal offering to go hadn't made him more comfortable with going. Mykal had dropped it, he wasn't about to force him to go somewhere he didn't want to go and because Aspen didn't talk about(and claimed not to remember)why he hated his home and, more specifically why he was afraid of his brother. Mykal suggested that he should consider therapy for his anxiety, which he had done, and Mykal hoped that the matter would come up during his therapy sessions. He didn't particularly care if Aspen ever told him what happened, but he wanted Aspen to deal with it so that he could heal from it. Granted, it wasn't much of a problem, but if it was repressed memories, they could come rushing back to him suddenly and Mykal didn't want him to feel as if he had no one to confide in if that happened.