тняєє

M Y K A L 

Mykal had come to realize that Aspen seemed to fit effortlessly into being a submissive. He had only required two training sessions to learn the first three positions perfectly, and he'd followed his rules perfectly. It was like clockwork that every night Aspen was at home, he'd receive a message at exactly nine-thirty with a picture of Aspen's dinner. Aspen then call him on the phone and they'd sit on the phone together while doing homework so that he could keep Aspen focused. It was more than that though--Aspen came home with him every day and cooked for him and cleaned for him without even being asked. Mykal personally thought his place wasn't dirty but it became evident how much cleaner it could be with Aspen around. He'd fallen asleep reading on his couch accidentally while Aspen was cooking one time and he woke up to a spotless apartment, a neatly folded basket of laundry and dinner in the microwave--and after that, Aspen just did it every time he came over. 

When Aspen did stay the night with him, it felt comfortable. Aspen often curled up beside him after dinner and read or played games on his phone, doing homework with him and eventually he'd just doze off in the middle of doing whatever he was doing. It was hopelessly cute, and it served as a gentle reminder to Mykal that it was probably time to stop cramming and get to bed. And having Aspen's gentle presence beside him made him feel less lonely. His nights no longer felt endless, wrapping his arms around Aspen took away the emptiness that'd surrounded him for years. He'd been a shell, doing what he had to--over working himself silently in school because he knew he couldn't escape his fathers grips without the ability to be wholly self-sufficient. His father's grip wasn't entirely unpleasant, in and of itself--it provided something, stability--but he knew what he was to his father. He was just like a poker chip, able to be used in a game he couldn't hope to play by himself. He wanted to take the control, he wanted to play the game and watch his father go from silently considering him to be a lazy sod to being unable to help having to suck up to him. He so desperately wanted the tables to turn, to show his parents what he'd felt like trying to suck up to them and do everything they asked until it became too much and he couldn't anymore. When Aspen was around, that emptiness--it didn't seem quite so... empty. 

Aspen filled the space with cute comments and giggles, asking him endless questions about anything and everything, or just offering sleepy smiles and quiet hums when he was drowsy. Aspen was affectionate, constantly leaning on him or holding him in some way as if he were afraid he'd disappear if he wasn't touching him. Even in his sleep, his body stayed as close as it could to him, his arm often wrapped around Mykal's with a peaceful expression on his face. It was beautiful and endearing. He wasn't really sure where the whole Alpha thing came from--but he could understand the sentiment behind it. Mykal was familiar with the trope--the alpha is typically physically larger, with certain personality traits that are overly typical in traditional 'alpha males' and the omega is typically smaller with more subservient personality traits. Which, wasn't that far off. 

He wouldn't exactly call himself an alpha male, he felt certain he was more of a beta than an alpha. But he had at one point been more of the alpha male type back in high school when he was still worried about appearances. Now he didn't really care what people on the outside thought of him, and he held value in few peoples opinions other than Cam and Ezra and he just stayed the hell out of it. He ran his mouth some with Ezra, he wasn't afraid to fight and if it came down to it he would, but he'd always rather be on the sidelines. Out of sight, out of mind. He wanted to one-up his father while remaining in the shadows until the moment of reckoning. He wanted to completely blindside his father. But, given their dynamic, as he was his dominant, it was somewhat similar to if he were his Alpha. They weren't that different.