I | Sleeping Beauty | I

Beginne am Anfang

"Well- I- I- I mean- Just- It- It's-" You could clearly hear the rembling in his voice, as he had a hard time figuring out what to say.

"Clay?" The man got cut off by another voice, but this time it was not Drista's. The voice was raspy and lower-pitched, you could definitely tell this woman was much older than Drista. It took Y/n a second to realize it was the Queen.

"Yes, mother?" The man's voice was now far from stuttering. It was almost like nothing had happened, and he was not just about to commit to Drista if he was in love with Y/n, or not.

"I want to talk to you. Do you have a moment?" The woman asked politely.

"Of course mother. What do you want to talk about?" Him not have any clue what his mother wanted to say to him. The girl laying in bed, pretending to be still unconscious, had not an idea either. However, the girl was still bothered that the woman had interrupted the part she needed to hear so badly, so this time she was not as desperate to hear it as previous.

"It is about Y/n." This caught the girl's attention, nonetheless the man's too.

"Okay?" His voice let the woman know he was a bit unsure.

"But I want to talk to you in private." The woman standing in front of Dream added.

"I think this is my cue to go." The little princess was about to walk through the door as her mother stopped her, by grabbing the girl's arm. It was tight enough, so the girl did not walk away, but loose enough not to hurt her in any way.

"No, you can stay. I am going to take Clay to another place, watch Y/n if you want." With that said, the woman walked out of the door with the man following her, leaving the little girl alone, with the 'unconscious' princess. The little girl did not really mind, however. She walked over to Y/n's bed and kneeled in front of it. She was now sitting on her knees, to one of the sides of the bed, with her elbows on the matres, her hands cupping her cheeks, and holding her head.

"Y/n?" The girl asked quietly. The girl's voice was soft and surprisingly also a bit shy-ish. The little princess did not get any response though, but she was not really expecting one.

"I know you can probably not hear me, but I just wanted to say something. Just in case you do." The little girl carefully began.

"Alright, so, I know that my brother really likes you. I just know it, or at least, I know him. You might ask why, I mean you probably don't because you are unconscious, but I am going to ignore that for now. So, I will tell you why I know." Before the girl began, she took a deep breath.

"Not so long ago, a girl came here, it was the princess of Gavaria. My parents wanted Dream to marry the girl, as they had a big kingdom, and seeing the fact that she had no other siblings, it would be all his. Both of my parents wanted to make them fall in love, as Dream had told them only to marry someone if he was in love with them. They really thought he liked her and the girl too, but I knew he was just doing these kind things to please the King and Queen. I saw how he looked at her, and I see how he looks at you. It is totally different. When he sees you, you can just see the sparkle in his eyes. When he thinks of you, you can just see the smile that will find its way on his face. And you can just see, how much he likes you. It is nothing like the other girls. He would never have gone out there in the woods alone, and slept there, just to look for a girl, if she was not someone special." The little girl sitting on the floor next to Y/n's bed, had no idea if the girl had heard what she had said. It did not even really matter to her. The only thing that did, was that she had finally been able to talk about it, instead of keeping it to herself.

There was still not any response found of Y/n.

The girl just laid there as quietly as she could, having a really hard time not crying or not giving the little princess next to her a hug. Of course, this was not a commitment from Dream, but this definitely made her heart go wild.