1.9.15

Lydia's hand slammed down on her alarm. She groaned and slowly swung her legs out from under her blanket, sitting up straight on the side of her bed and staring blankly at the wall in front of her.

It was the first day of school.

Glancing at her alarm clock, she saw that she had exactly two hours to get ready.

She got up from her bed and let her feet sink into the soft carpet of her floor, trudging over to the bathroom connected to her room.

If there was one thing about this house that Lydia loved, it was the bathroom.

It was painted white, with silver handles on the cupboard door and a limestone bench top. Shower in the corner, along with the full blown spa bath. It was by far the biggest bathroom she's had and it was all hers.

After contemplating her life in the shower, she let her hair air dry. She didn't really need much makeup, a little mascara and lip gloss was all that did it.

She chucked on a singlet with Nirvana written on it and a denim jacket. Slipping into the ripped, pale blue jeans on her floor, she laced up her black converses and grabbed her bag, walking out of the room.

She ran down the stairs and skipped three of them, resulting in her tripping over her own feet.

"Lydia? Are you okay?" Her dad called from the kitchen.

"Yeah,"

Her dad just nodded, before turning back to the paper in front of him.

She rolled her eyes and pulled peanut butter out of the cupboard, putting a couple of slices of bread in the toaster.

Her dad looked up from his paper, "You ready for your first day of school?"

Lydia looked down and her toast and muttered, "Everyday is the first day of school."

"What was that?" Her father asked, glancing back down at his paper.

"Oh, I just said I was pumped." She lied smoothly, putting on a sarcastic smile.

"It'll be fine, Lydia. You click with people instantly."

"Yep." She said, popping the 'p'.

"Heard from anyone?"

"Malia messaged me last night, she said she was moving here later this month."

"That's great! You'll have a friend soon enough," He got up and brought his mug to the sink, then placed a light kiss on Lydia's forehead, "I'll see you tonight."

She nodded and watched him walk out of the door, shoving more toast into her mouth.

The clock on the wall read half past eight. Lydia hastily grabbed her bag and slipped out the door. She didn't even have to lock her door with a key; once the door shut it automatically locked. To get in you need to use the code for the machine on the door.

She hopped into her small blue car and drove in the direction of Beacon Hills High school.

~•~

"Excuse me? Do you know where AP calculus is?" Lydia tapped the girl in front of her on the shoulder.

The girl turned around and smiled brightly at Lydia, "Ah, yeah. I've got AP calculus right now. You can walk with me." The girl pulled a couple of books out of her locker and turned to Lydia, studying her, "You must be new."

Lydia ducked her head and bit and nodded at the brunette, then stuck out a hand, "I'm Lydia Martin."

The girl smiled a toothy grin, then her hand grabbed Lydia's gently, "Nice to meet you, Lydia. I'm Allison. Allison Argent."