028. "i still don't understand this frosty, vicious blue"

Start from the beginning

She didn't think she could approach a trunk the same way ever again...

She stared aimlessly at Harry, who had cuts on his face and bruises over his arms. It looked worse than how it was when he went against dragons. How much damage can a maze do other than damaging someone's sanity?

She hated mazes —

What the hell was she thinking now? Shouldn't she be worrying about other things, like maybe what happened to Crouch? Did whatever his plan was even work?

Harry was still alive... so maybe it didn't?

Merlin, she hoped it didn't.

She glanced around some more and saw Hermione and Ron in the middle, between hers and Harry's bed. From the looks of them, she saw how worried they were. Whatever that went on during the the third task must've been rough, because there were looks that went toward Harry's way, looking as though they feared he could disappear at any given moment. And peculiarly, they kept on glancing at her as well with the same gaze.

Lucia subconsciously shrugged. Must've been her imagination.

Then she strayed her eyes away and saw some peculiar guests in the room. There was a large black dog sitting on Harry, as though guarding him.

She was hallucinating.

Then there was a handsome man that could certainly make her stammer out some words out of nervousness. If this was a normal occasion, she was sure that she would've gawked (respectfully) as much as she could, even involuntarily. Then, not far from them, was a plump woman with flaming red hair that simply exuded warmth that only a mother could possess, yet even so, it could never reach the extent of her mum.

Somehow, the woman looks familiar to her. But how? She couldn't quite put it...

Did being slammed against the wall so hard damage her memory? She really desired for it to not be the case, because she would love to avoid hospitals as much as she can.

Lucia stared attentively at the woman. Why does she — oh.

She knew there was a reason why she looks familiar. It was because the woman look somewhat like Ginny... and Ron? Could she be their mother? But what's she doing here?

Perhaps she was just hallucinating again. It was now a common occurrence, especially with how much blood she had just lost...

Lucia noticed the woman looked blotched, as though she had just been crying, but it didn't take her long to see the furiousness that laced her expression.

It was an expression that was rather famous amongst mothers.

"They'll wake them if they don't shut up!" she shouted, causing Lucia to flinch slightly.

Goodness does this woman have good vocal cords.

"What are they shouting about? Nothing else can have happened, can it?"

Soon enough, Mrs. Weasley was on her feet. "That's Fudge's voice," she whispered. "And that's Minerva McGonagall's, isn't it? But what are they arguing about?"

Furrowing her eyes, Lucia now could hear it too: people shouting and running toward the hospital wing.

"Regrettable, but all the same, Minerva —" Cornelius Fudge was saying loudly.

"You should never have brought it inside the castle!" yelled Professor McGonagall. "When Dumbledore finds out —"

The hospital doors burst open. Unnoticed by any of the people around the two beds, all of whom were staring at the door as Bill pulled back the screens, Lucia snapped her eyes open fully, but was still laid flat back against her bed.