Maki Harukawa

Shuichis pov

I couldn't believe it. All this time we've been looking for a mastermind. We sacrifice so much to get this far...

but I never thought it would be her!

"maki-roll!" kaito yelled in disbelief.

"hello kaito, shuichi" maki smiled at us.

I felt like crying. Maki harukawa. The girl who helped me through keades death. The one who worked out with me and kaito. She's the mastermind!

Kaito broke down into tears. Surprisingly kokichi ran up to confert him. Kiibo and Tsumugi had to hold himiko back as she screamed murderer at maki. I couldn't stand to see my friends like that. It's all her fault.

"tell me why?" I growled "why did you start this killing game! Weren't we your friends!"

She sighed "that's a little hard to explain but I'll try my best" she pulled up a TV showing footage of all of us except we were alot more demented

"you people are what's known as the next gen remnants of Dispair" maki explained "You did everything the original remnants did only at a faster rate. It was clear that the neo world program was too big a risk so future Fondation decided to get rid of you permanently. That's when they hired me"

"you?" I muttered in disbelief.

"yes. I'm the ultimate assassin remember" she muttered "I has to think of a quick way to get rid of a large group of very dangerous people. Then it came to me. Why not just take everyone to a quiet area, wipe their memories and make them do the killing for me"

"that's why we can't remember anything" the realisation hit me like a ton of brick.

Maki nodded "it was the perfect plan but then I... got closer to you all and realised I.. damnit I can't kill you!" she slammed her fist down in frustration.

We looked at her in disbelief. She can't kill us?

She picked up a remote and pressed a red button, opening the door behind us "come on. Let's all leave together"

Causously we stepped outside. The view outside was beautiful. For the first time in weeks I could actually feel the sun on my back. I turned around and pulled maki into a hug.

"thank you"

danganrompa mastermind Au oneshots On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara