10 : 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖱𝗈𝗈𝗍 𝖮𝖿 𝖵𝖾𝗇𝗀𝖾𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

Start from the beginning

The prosecutor faced the jury with a satisfied look on his face.

"Thank you, Your Honor, no further questions to the witness."

The judge gestured to Officer Vernier from the podium.

"You may step down."

But the man refused to move an inch. Instead, he remained steady, his hands glued to the side surface of his little stage as he stared at Y/N. The teenager stood on her feet, a bubble of unforgivable fury pulsating through her veins. The cruel name of injustice echoed in her mind, causing her to lose the remaining strands of her sanity.

"I call this case bullshit, Your Honor," Y/N spat. "My father's innocent. He had done nothing to these people."

Everyone's eyes darted to her as soon as she said those words; even Rue. The jury scooted close to each other in a murmur and the people broke into a ghastly murmur. The prosecutor turned to Y/N, thunderstruck.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Jang Kennedy had his man stage a rape case to cover up their deeds," she glanced up to the panel. "They took advantage of my father's mental illness and convinced him to confess to something he never did."

"RIDICULOUS!" Mayor Jang roared. "HOW DARE YOU INVALIDATE MY DAUGHTER'S TRAUMA!"

"TRAITOR!" Jang Deborah screeched. "SHE'S SIDING WITH A CRIMINAL! A MURDERER!"

"What do you know?" Y/N retorted. "How oblivious are you to the fact that it was Ivy who had been lusting over my father all along? That your oh-so-perfect daughter's the one behaving suggestively everytime she visits our home?"

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Ivy bellowed, a teardrop rolling down her cheek. "I WOULD NEVER FUCK YOUR DAD, Y/N!"

"Yes, you would and you fucking did, you goddamn slut!"

The judge pounded his gavel thrice, demanding silence. Y/N didn't flinch. Her once nervous demeanour shifted into a desperste persona. Indeed, she was supposed to keep her calm before the jury, but after what her father had gone through, she might as well just screw the law in exchange for Rue's freedom.

"L/N Y/N," the judge called. "I remind you that you are still under oath."

"Yes," Y/N agreed. "And that I shall tell the truth and only the truth. "