9

━━━━━━

━━━━━━

     DŌMA WAS EARLY FOR picking aya up. and what he wasn't expecting, was his supposed friend and pet, outside in the snow, seemingly to be practicing something.

     "hey hey, akaza-dono! and hello to my dear aya-chan~", dōma greeted, successfully catching the attention of the two.

     "DŌMA!!", aya loudly gasped, rushing over towards upper moon two, as she jumped into his arms.

     dōma felt the girl give him a tight squeeze, as he allowed a content hum to escape his throat.

     "missed you", she mumbled.

     "aw~ I missed you too, aya-chan! that's why I quickly finished all my work and came to pick you up early", he explained.

     akaza softly muttered curses beneath his breath, as he was about to turn around and leave, before dōma had stopped him.

"so, how was she? did aya-chan behave?", dōma asked.

     akaza simply nodded, "yeah. she was good".

     "aka teaching me to fight", aya proudly informed.

     "I see", dōma mused, "and you're not pausing as much while speaking anymore. how great!"

     "yes!! aka come home??", the seven year-old asked, her eyes glimmering with hope.

     "I'd love for akaza-dono to come home with us!", dōma exclaimed, causing upper moon three to internally cringe.

     "however, that is not allowed".

     aya pouted, "why??"

     "because our master said so!", dōma casually answered, to which akaza wondered how much did aya know about them.

     it then made him wonder if he knew about her.

     'I hope not', the demon instinctually thought.

     "master...? who??", aya innocently questioned.

     "he's—"

     "don't", akaza interrupted, his eyes narrowing at his colleague.

     aya's head turned from side to side, looking at dōma, then akaza, then dōma, and then akaza again.

     confused by the slight tension, she had waved to akaza.