8

━━━━━━

━━━━━━

DŌMA MINDLESSLY NODDED at his follower's words, for recently, he's been feeling a little uneasy.

     his mind wandered off almost too often for his own liking. whenever someone talked to him, it went in one ear and out another. everything seemed a little mundane, and usually he was fine with mundane, but not recently.

"—ounder? gracious founder?", one of dōma's followers called out.

"hm? ah, yes, sorry. what were you saying?", upper moon two questioned.

"gracious founder, are you alright? you've been zoning out quite a bit these past two days", one of them mentioned.

"have I?"

"indeed. you even forgot to wear your black crown today", a woman spoke up.

dōma's hand gently patted the top of his head, as he realized that he indeed didn't wear his black crown.

"is it because aya's been gone? speaking of which, where is she anyways?", another woman asked her friend.

dōma perked up at the mentioning of the child's name, lightly chuckling in response.

"she's with a friend of mine for now", dōma vaguely explained, "she'll be back in another three days or so".

     everyone softly hummed in response, until one had decided to break the silence.

     "perhaps you miss her, gracious founder".

     everyone turned towards the young male, who shuddered under the sudden attention.

     "miss her?", dōma quietly repeated.

     'do I miss her?', dōma wondered.

     though as much as he wished to find out more about this "missing someone" feeling, he knew that he couldn't ask his followers about it. after all, he needed to seem like he could sympathize with them.

     "mah~ she'll be back soon anyways. now let's get back to your sorrows", dōma cheerfully proclaimed, causing the entire room to nod in agreement.

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

     aya was watching akaza train in the snow without shoes on. the seven year-old didn't know why akaza didn't prefer to have shoes on, but also, his toes reminded her of blueberries.