7

━━━━━━

━━━━━━

RUI WAS SHOCKED AT the fact that muzan had personally come to visit him. after all, that man never interacted much with the lower moons unless it was to berate them for being so weak.

"muzan-sama, what brings you to natagumo mountain?", rui politely questioned, as he couldn't help but feel slightly anxious.

     "rui, I heard that you recently engaged in a blood battle with lower moon one", muzan stated, his lips curving up into a slight smile — a proud one at that.

     "indeed, muzan-sama. thank you for your concerns", the younger demon replied, for his left eye now read: lower rank one.

     "say, where's your family at? after all, I did specifically give you special permission to create your own", muzan inquired, displaying his "kind" persona.

     "I killed them", rui bluntly answered.

     "I needed my powers back, so that I could beat lower moon one with a higher likelihood", he continued.

     muzan prided at the fact that rui had finally come to the realization that he didn't need a family. all he needed was his powers and loyalty to him.

however, the demon progenitor wasn't stupid. he knew that rui must've encountered something, or rather someone, that had changed his ideology so quickly; a task that not even muzan could do.

though the demon king didn't care much, for as long as rui stayed in line and performed his necessary duties, then he was fine with it.

"well, your progress has certainly impressed me. if you don't have any more words for me, I'll be taking my leave now", muzan civically announced.

"farewell, muzan-sama", rui responded, as it'd probably be a few hundred of years before he'd see the demon king again.

rui had then glanced up at the moon with a curt sigh, wondering if he should go pay aya a visit.

after all, he has been busy with gaining more power and fighting the ex upper moon two.

"I should bring a present. friends give each other gifts, right?"

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

when nighttime had hit, akaza quickly realized that he hadn't fed the child since he had locked himself in the room the entire day.