𝙻𝙸𝚇. 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚌𝚊

Start from the beginning

Narcissa didn't say anything but wiped her tears away with her free hand. Many days and nights she has wondered if she was ever to have her husband back. And now he was there with her and while she was thrilled, she couldn't help but notice the screaming absence of her daughter.

"It's good to have you back, dad," Draco said before he and Regulus left their parents.

The manor fell silent for a moment. While Narcissa knew how different the manor feels compared to the place it was a few years ago ― Lucius didn't know how bad things have turned over the year he was away.

Now his home reminded him of the place it used to be when he was a child ― cold and dark. It wasn't bright and filled with children's laughter anymore. He wasn't even sure if he could picture his children smiling ever again.

"I've tried everything to reverse Abraxas' decision but there's nothing..." Narcissa said quietly.

Lucius shook his head. "I will get her back."

He saw how his wife lowered her gaze the way she does whenever there's something he doesn't know.

"What else is there to know, Cissa?" He asked.

"I'm not sure she will want to come back," said Narcissa while fidgeting her fingers around her rings. "She wasn't happy, Luc... for the past year or so she hasn't been happy. I-I don't know how she feels now but I think she's better now. Better without us..."

"Don't be ridiculous..." Lucius started but stopped by the sight of Narcissa's tears.

Ever since Narcissa spoke about Violetta with her eldest son, a gut wrenching feeling arose to her. Narcissa has always prided herself to be a good mother ― not necessarily a good person ― but a good and loving mother. But then, her only daughter felt too scared to tell her something very important because the girl thought that her mother wouldn't love her anymore.

"She's safer there," Narcissa sighed.

"Where is she?" Asked Lucius.

Narcissa shook her head. "I don't know but anywhere is better than here," she said and turned to look at Lucius who was holding his hand out for her.

She bit her trembling lip and sat next to Lucius, her head naturally falling to rest on his shoulder.

"It's quiet," said Lucius, his hand stroking Narcissa's hair.

"You'll get used to it. Besides, it's better this way than to hear the screams of your children," Narcissa whispered.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

When the news of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore's death was announced, Violetta's heart stopped from beating for a second. She knew who had ordered the man to be killed and whose mission it was. Her first instinct was to run to the manor ― she needed to know her little brother's fate but Violetta's reasoning stopped her.

She couldn't just go to the manor. It was no longer her home and if Abraxas had been smart, he'd have installed wards so that she couldn't even enter the premises.

Violetta lived in a fog of darkness. She didn't know if Draco was all right but she decided to hold on to the hope that he was ― at least the Daily Prophet hasn't broken any news of the possible death of the youngest Malfoy heir.

A week of worrying however ended on the day Violetta and Fleur paid Gabriel a visit with Vivian. Vivian and Gabriel had the news of Draco's survival and who really killed Dumbledore.